OVERVIEW – HILLSDALE / ASHLAND
EVENT: Hillsdale GINA Relays / Ashland Alumni Open
LOCATION: Hillsdale, Mich. / Fergusen Field – Ashland, Ohio.
RECAP: Five Northwood throwers hit lifetime bests to highlight track & field's weekend at Ashland and Hillsdale Thursday-Saturday (April 26-28) for their final weekend of competiton before the GLIAC Outdoor Track & Field Championships.
INSIDE THE MEET – HILLSDALE
- In his first 5000-meter run, freshman Brian Patrick moved into fifth all-time in school history with his time of 15:16.22.
- Freshman Amanda Aquinaga moved into seventh in school history after registering a PR of 2:24.20 in the 800-meter run.
INSIDE THE MEET – ASHLAND
- Senior Paul Evans placed fifth in open section of the hammer throw with a provisional mark of 57.97 meters/190 feet-2 inches for a NCAA provisional mark. He also finished fourth in the invite section of the discus throw with his second NCAA provisional standard of the meet.
- In the javelin throw, juniors Ben Quella and Rami Gharsalli placed 5-6 in with distance sof 51.56 meters and 51.50 meters, respectively. In his debut, Gharsalli moved himself into fourth all-time in NU history in the event.
- Freshman Hunter Berecz hit a new PR in the hammer throw with a throw of 45.75 meters/150 feet-1 inch to improve on his seventh position in school history.
- Freshman Nathan Powers moved himself into eighth all-time in school history with an outdoor PR throw of 13.84 meters/45 feet-5 inches in the shot put.
- Senior Madison Arnouts placed third in the 400-meter hurdles, crossing the line in 1:03.38.
- Senior Dana Turner posted a distance of 5.11 meters/16 feet-9.25 inches in the long jump for a fifth-place finish.
- Senior Carly D'Almeida placed sixth in the open hammer throw in a strong field. Her distance of 49.73 meters/163 feet-2 inches surpassed the NCAA provisional standard.
- Sophomore Hannah Gearhart threw a huge PR of 46.01 meters/150 feet-11 inches in the hammer throw and now sits third in school history.
- Freshman Jessica Kursinsky moved herself in to second in school history in the shot put with a heave of 12.87 meters/42 feet-2.75 inches.
- Freshman Riley Johnson threw a 1.74 meter PR in the javelin throw to improve on her second position in NU history with a distance of 34.74 meters/114 feet.
- Northwood will compete at the GLIAC Outdoor Track & Field Championships at Ashland University Wednesday-Friday (May 2-4).