OVERVIEW – HILLSDLAE WIDE TRACK CLASSIC
LOCATION: Hillsdale, Mich. – Hillsdale College
RECAP: Northwood track & field teams pick up wins and NCAA qualifying marks at the Hillsdale Wide Track Classic Friday and Saturday (February 7-8).
INSIDE THE MEET – MEN
- Northwood had a dominant day in the 60 meter days, placing five in the top eight out of 54 runners. Mason Phillips picked up the win with a provisional time of 6.83. Xzavia Price (6.89 – second), Andrew Davis (6.94 – fifth), Christopher Bent (7.04 – sixth) and Austin Hamlet (7.14 – eighth).
- Bent (22.38) and Davis (22.64) also ran well in the championship 200, placing second and fourth, respectively.
- Price picked up a third place finish with a personal-best in the long jump (6.88 meters)
- Netunji Paige also picked up a provisional mark in the 800, winning with a time of 1:54.01
- Northwood went 1-2 in the mile thanks to the duo of Trestin Mancillas-Finnerty (4:21.04) and Mike Allen (4:22.01 – personal-best)
- Eric Poth clocked a 8:54.00 to place third in the championship event of the 3,000.
- Hunter Berecz had a pair of high finishes in the throws, placing third in the shot put (15.63) and second in weight throw (16.99 meters)
- Northwood placed second in both the 4X400 (3:22.64) and the distance medley relay (10:20.28).
INSIDE THE MEET – WOMEN
- Jessica Kursinsky picked up a win in the shot put with an NCAA Provisional mark of 14.10.
- Debra Wallace picked up a pair of high finishes in a pair of championship events, finishing second in the 400 (58.69) and third in the 200 with an NCAA Provisional time of 25.18.
- In the women's weight throw, Taky Ezell earned a fourth place finish with a mark of 16.49.
- Lainey Veenkant clocked a 10:31.98 in the championship event in the 3,000 meter run.
- The track and field teams will compete at the GVSU Big Meet (February 14-15).