OVERVIEW – AL SCHMIDT BULLDOG RELAYS/YELLOW JACKET COLLEGIATE OPEN
LOCATION: Starkville, Miss. (Mississippi State)/Cedarville, Ohio (Cedarville College)
RECAP: Northwood track & field earns three school records and posts numerous other big performances while competing at a pair of events Friday-Saturday (March 27-28)
AL SCHMIDT BULLDOG RELAYS – MEN
- Mason Phillips had a monster event in Mississippi. He set two school records, clocking a 10.32 in the 100 and a 20.68 in the 200. His time in the 200 currently ranks him No. 1 in Division II in the event, while he stands second in the 100. He placed first out of 35 runners in the 200 and second out of 38 runners in the 100.
- Josiah Morse and Stephen Barker put up good performances in the 800, with Morse placing fifth (1:52.88) and Barker finishing ninth (1:54.34).
- Three Timberwolves picked up top-10 finishes in the shot put, led by Zechariah Stickler. He had a NCAA Provisional mark with a toss of 16.40 meters to place fifth. Travis Schepers now ranks fourth in school history with a mark of 15.58 meters. Hunter Berecz ended up 10th at 15.29 meters.
AL SCHMIDT BULLDOG RELAYS – WOMEN
- Jessica Kursinsky placed sixth overall in the shot put with a toss of 13.67 meters.
YELLOW JACKET COLLEGIATE OPEN – MEN
- Zane Aldrich earned a school record in the 5,000 meter run. His time of 14:34.89 beat the previous record by over 15 seconds and was good for second place overall. The time is less than three seconds from an NCAA Provisional mark. Aldrich currently ranks No. 21 in Division II in the event.
- Northwood's hammer throw crew had a big day, going 1-2 overall and placing three in the top six. Nathan Powers earned the win with an NCAA Provisional mark of 60.34 meters. That toss places him second in school history. David Kotliarker was second with a provisional mark of his own at 57.68 meters, which is good for fifth in school history. Dylan powers was sixth at 53.66 meters, placing him eighth in school history.
- Mike Allen placed fourth in the steeplechase, clocking a 9:56.44
YELLOW JACKET COLLEGIATE OPEN – WOMEN
- Debra Wallace earned a pair of second place finishes against big fields. She ran a 24.85 in the 200 and a 58.69 in the 400. Seventy-six runners took part in the 200 while 39 ran in the 400.
- Northwood will compete at the Knight Invitational and the Walsh Invite April 9.