Sep 15, 2017
OVERVIEW – SPARTAN INVITATIONAL
EVENT: Spartan Invitational
LOCATION: East Lansing, Mich. – Michigan State University
RECAP: The Northwood University cross country teams competed in the Spartan Invitational (September 9).
INSIDE THE MEET
- Team scores were not available in the results for the college sections of the meet.
- The Northwood men were led by junior Dylan Rocha with a time of 27:29.5 to finish in 85th place. Rocha was registered in 236th place at the mile mark and passed 151 runners throughout the remainder of the race.
- Freshman Brian Patrick finished three places behind Rocha in 88th place with a time of 27:30.9. Patrick picked off 127 people after coming through the first mile in 215th place.
- The men's top five runners passed an average of 76 people from the first mile on.
- A total of 364 runners completed the men's 8k loop.
- The Northwood women were led by Morgan Bolinger, who completed the 6k course in 26:49.3 for 175th place. This is her first time as the No. 1 runner for the Timberwolves.
- Freshman Madison Brooks finished shortly after Bolinger for 177th place with a time of 26:51.6.
- The women averaged to pass over 15 people from the mile mark to the finish.
- A total of 290 runners completed the women's 6k loop.
- Northwood will compete in the GLIAC/GLVC Crossover at Lewis University Saturday (October 7).