OVERVIEW – GLIAC Cross Country Championships
EVENT: GLIAC Championships
LOCATION: Marquette, Mich. – Northern Michigan University
RECAP: The Northwood University cross country teams competed in the 2017 GLIAC Cross Country Championships hosted by Northern Michigan University Saturday (October 21.).
INSIDE THE MEET
- The Northwood men finished in 8th place with 208 team points, moving up from their 13th place finish a year ago.
- Brian Patrick was NU's No. 1 runner at the championship meet, finishing in 26th place with a time of 26:43.6. He set a new personal record for 8k by 24 seconds.
- Caleb Barker finished right behind Patrick for 27th place while posting a time of 26:45.5. Barker's time was a new personal record by 29 seconds.
- The No. 3 runner for the Timberwolves was Dylan Rocha. His time of 27:25.0 was good for 44th place.
- Amongst the personal records set on the day, Michael Allen ran a 15 second personal best with a time of 29:20.3.
- A total of 101 runners competed in the men's 8k race.
- The Northwood women finished in 12th place with 342 team points.
- NU was paced by Morgan Bolinger, who finished the 6k race in 26:12.8 for 76th place, a personal best by 15 seconds.
- Madison Brooks was the No. 2 runner for the Timberwolves. Brooks finished in 80th place with a time of 26:33.2.
- Rounding out the top 3 for the Northwood women was Amanda Aquinaga. Aquinaga smashed her 6k personal best by a minute and 41 seconds with a time of 27:18.3.
- A total of 104 runners navigated the women's 6k race.
- Northwood will travel to Cedarville, Ohio compete in the NCAA Division II Midwest Regional Championships Saturday, November 4.