OVERVIEW – NCAA Division II Midwest Regional Cross Country Championships
EVENT: NCAA Division II Midwest Regional Championship
LOCATION: Cedarville, Ohio – Cedarville University
RECAP: The Northwood University cross country teams completed their 2017 seasons at the NCAA Division II Midwest Regional Championship meet at Cedarville Saturday (November 4).
INSIDE THE MEET
- The Northwood men bumped up from 8k to 10k in the regional meet and finished in 20th place with 520 team points. The team moved up seven spots from last year's finish at the regional meet.
- Caleb Barker had an impressive showing at the regional meet. Barker served as the No. 1 runner for the Timberwolves for the first time this season with a 46th place finish. His time of 32:57.2 was a 69 second lifetime personal best and moved him into 10th in school history for 10k.
- Brian Patrick finished as the No. 2 runner for Northwood and now ranks 16th in school history. Patrick navigated the course in 33:34.7 to finish in 80th place.
- The No. 3 runner for the Timberwolves was Dylan Rocha. His time of 34:08.6 was good for 109th place and now ranks 24th in school history.
- A total of 199 runners competed in the men's 10k race.
- The Northwood women finished in 27th place with 820 team points, which was an improvement of three places from last year.
- The Timberwolves were led by Madison Brooks. Her time of 24:48.4 was good for 136th place and a new personal best. Her time moved her into 24th place in school history.
- Morgan Bolinger was the No. 2 runners for Northwood. Bolinger crossed the line in 168th place in a time of 26:00.9.
- Amanda Aquinaga finished 10 places behind Bolinger to be the No. 3 runner for Northwood. Her time of 26:28.8 for 178th place.
- A total of 197 runners competed in the women's 6k race.