OVERVIEW – CEDARVILLE/LEWIS UNIVERSITY
SCORES: Northwood Timberwolves 0, Cedarville Yellow Jackets 6; Northwood 2, Lewis Flyers 16
RECORDS: Northwood 6-6, Cedarville 4-2, Lewis University 5-3
LOCATION: Clermont, Fla. (PFX Spring Games)
RECAP: Northwood dropped a pair of games after falling behind early in both games against Cedarville and Lewis.
- Northwood threatened in the top of the first inning with a leadoff single by Danielle Bartodziej, but were unable to score her. Cedarville started the home half of the first inning in a big way with the first two hitters reaching, followed by a three run homer to take a 3-0 lead after one inning of play.
- The Yellow Jackets came back with two more in the second, and one in the fourth to extend its lead to 6-0.
- The Timberwolves loaded the bases in the top of the fourth, but Cedarville's Morgan Arbogast was able to pitch out of the jam and keep the Timberwolves off the board as the game remained 6-0 in favor of the Yellow Jackets.
- Arbogast continued the solid pitching performance in the circle for the Yellow Jackets, going the distance and shutting out Northwood to preserve the 6-0 win.
- Runs/Hits/Errors Cedarville: 6/9/0, Northwood: 0/6/1
- Runners Left on Base: Cedarville: 7, Northwood: 8
- Winning Pitcher: Morgan Arbogast (2-1): 7 IP, 6 H, 0R, 0ER, 4 K
- Losing Pitcher: Makenzie Norton (0-1), 1 2/3 IP, 5H, 5R, 5ER 3BB 1k
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Bartodziej: 2-4
- Wontoricik: 2-3
LEWIS UNIVERSITY HIGHLIGHTS
- Lewis took ahold of the game immediately by scoring nine runs in the top of the first that included a couple of big hits with the bases loaded.
- The Timberwolves did however respond in the home half of the first with two runs to cut the lead down to 9-2. After both Hayley D'Avilar and Riley Ostapowic walked, Sydney Pauley smashed a towering fly ball to deep left field for a two RBI double, scoring both D'Avilar and Ostapowic.
- Unfortunately for Northwood, Lewis continued the strong offense with three in the second, one in the third and fourth, and two in the fifth.
- The Timberwolves couldn't muster anymore offense on their side, and the game concluded with Lewis in control, 16-2.
LEWIS /NORTHWOOD STATS
- Runs/Hits/Errors: Lewis: 16/13/0, Northwood: 2/1/2
- Runners Left on Base: Lewis University: 4, Northwood: 4
- Winning Pitcher: Dara Sanders (3-0) 5IP, 1H, 1R, 1ER, 5K, 5BB
- Losing Pitcher: Vanessa Ewing (2-3) 0.2 IP, 4H, 7R, 7ER, 3BB
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Pauley: 1-1, 2B, 2 RBI
- Northwood had won five games prior to today's action.
- Cedarville's shutout against Northwood is the second time this season the Timberwolves have been shutout.
- The Timberwolves will continue play in Florida Tuesday (March 6), taking on Minnesota State Moorhead at 3:30 p.m. before facing Notre Dame (Ohio) at 6 p.m.