OVERVIEW – OHIO DOMINICAN
SCORES: Northwood Timberwolves 3, Ohio Dominican Panthers 2; Ohio Dominican 13, Northwood 10
RECORDS: Northwood 1-2, Ohio Dominican 9-8
LOCATION: Panther Field – Columbus, Ohio
RECAP: The Timberwolves splits with Ohio Dominican in a doubleheader Sunday afternoon (March 4), with NU winning game one 3-2 before dropping game two 8-5.
GAME ONE HIGHLIGHTS
- Ohio Dominican was the first to get on the board in the bottom of the second to give the Panthers an early 1-0 lead.
- Northwood responded with a score to tie the game at one a piece. Sydni Pauley scored on a RBI single by Danielle Bartodziej.
- The Panthers regained the lead on a solo homer to make it 2-1 in the fifth.
- The sixth saw the Timberwolves tie the game 2-2. Godlewski was credited with her first RBI of the game after a sacrifice fly to center field and bought Pauley across the plate for her second run of the game.
- The game winning run for Northwood came in the eighth inning on an almost exact similar play that saw the Timberwolves score in the sixth. Godlewski hit a sacrifice fly to left field that scored Pauley.
- Ohio Dominican got a pair of runners on base in the bottom of the eighth but were unable to score.
GAME ONE STATS
- Runs/Hits/Errors Northwood: 3/9/2, Ohio Dominican: 2/8/1
- Runners Left on Base: Northwood: 8, Ohio Dominican: 7
- Winning Pitcher: Makenzie Norton (1-1): 6.0 IP, 8 H, 2 R, 2 BB, 2 K
- Losing Pitcher: Abby Lamping (2-4): 2.2 IP, R, 2 K
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Pauley: 2-4, 3 R
- Godlewski: 1-2, 2 RBI
- Bartodziej: 2-4, RBI
GAME TWO HIGHLIGHTS
- Northwood jumped on the board for an early 3-0 lead at the top of the first. Torriya Gray-Baker got the offense started with a RBI single to score Tara Gross. Two more RBI singles by Julia Gross and Karli Godlewski added to the Timberwolves lead.
- Ohio Dominican wasted no time responding and answered with four runs of their own in the bottom of the first to jump ahead 4-3.
- The Timberwolves quickly regained the lead. Meghan Franz scored on of a Tara Gross RBI single. Maddie Coulter then hit a three-run homer to put NU back on top 7-4.
- The Panthers were able to cut the Timberwolves' lead after scoring one run in the second to make it 7-5.
- Pauley had a RBI double to right center that scored Coulter and increased Northwood's lead 8-5.
- The ODU rally began, scoring a run in the fourth inning and three runs in the fifth inning to take back the lead 9-8 after five.
- The Timberwolves got the offense going in the sixth inning. With runners on second and third base, Pauley recorded her second RBI double of the day to plate Coulter and Tara Gross. NU regained the lead 10-9.
- Ohio Dominican tied the game in the bottom of the seventh, then later winning the game 13-10 on a three-run home run.
GAME TWO STATS
- Runs/Hits/Errors Northwood: 10/10/0, Ohio Dominican: 13/16/3
- Runners Left on Base: Northwood: 5, Ohio Dominican: 6
- Winning Pitcher: Abby Lamping (3-4): 5.2 IP, 5 H, 3 R, BB, 3 K
- Losing Pitcher: Makenzie Norton (1-1): 3.0 IP, 7 R
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Coulter: 2-3, 3 R, RBI
- Gross: 1-4, 3 R, RBI
- Gray-Baker: 2-4, R, RBI
- Pauley: 2-3, 3 RBI
- The Timberwolves will travel to Florida over spring break for the PFX Spring Games in Clermont, Florida from March 10-March 17.