OVERVIEW – NO. 20 LEWIS
SCORE: No. 20 Lewis 80, Northwood 58
RECORDS: Northwood (2-1), Lewis (5-1)
LOCATION: Neil Carey Arena – Romeoville, Ill.
RECAP: Northwood falls behind early was unable to mount a comeback in an 80-58 loss at No. 20 Lewis Tuesday night (November 22).
INSIDE THE GAME – FIRST QUARTER
- Northwood's offense struggled in the opening quarter, going just 2-13 overall (15.4 percent) and 1-6 from 3-point range (16.7 percent). Lewis finished the quarter at 38.9 percent (7-18) and held a 16-8 advantage after one.
- While NU's offense got hot in the second quarter, the Flyers offense was even better. The Timberwolves went 7-14 from the floor (50.0 percent) and 3-5 from 3-point range (60.0 percent), but Lewis was 8-11 from the floor (72.7 percent). The Flyers led by as many as 17 before a late push by the Timberwolves made the score 38-27 at the break.
- Northwood got off to a good start early in the third quarter – NU scored nine of the first 13 points and had the ball with the Lewis lead down to 42-36. But the Flyers responded to the NU run, scoring eight straight points to get the Lewis lead back to 14 at 50-36. Lewis eventually took a 57-41 lead to the fourth quarter. NU shot just 23.1 percent from the floor (3-13) while LU finished at 58.3 percent (7-12).
- Lewis maintained control in the fourth quarter, building their lead to as many as 23 before finishing off the victory. The Flyers shot 47 percent from the floor (8-17) in the quarter to finish out the game while holding Northwood to 35.7 percent (5-14).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Northwood .315 (17-54), Lewis .517 (30-58)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE : Northwood .292 (7-24), Lewis .400 (4-10)
- Free Throw Percentage: Northwood .680 (17-25), Lewis .842 (16-19)
- REBOUNDS: Northwood 29 (13 offensive), Lewis 39 (11 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Northwood 8/14, Lewis 14/12
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Maddy Seeley: 13 points
- Jordyn Nurenberg: 12 points, eight rebounds
- Emily Kutch: Season-high nine points.
- The Timberwolves will open GLIAC play December 1 with a home game against Tiffin. Game time is set for 6 p.m.