OVERVIEW – TIFFIN
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 86, Tiffin Dragons 67
RECORDS: Northwood (3-1), (1-0 GLIAC) Tiffin (2-4), (1-0 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Riepma Arena – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood shoots 63 percent in first half and extend lead to as big as 30 in 86-67 win over Tiffin Thursday night (December 1).
- The Timberwolves came out hot, scoring 12 of the first 16 points. They eventually matched their biggest lead of the quarter at the end of the frame, going up 24-11 after one.
- Northwood connected on 61.5 percent (8-13) from the floor while holding Tiffin to 35.7 percent (5-14).
- Northwood would not slow down in the second. A 17-5 run to open the period made the lead as large as 25 at the halfway point. That lead would stay over 20 points the rest of the half as the Timberwolves led 51-26 at the break.
- The Timberwolves continued their hot shooting keeping their percentage from the field at 63 percent (17-27) through 20 minutes. Tiffin finished the half at 39.3 percent (11-28).
- Northwood would not be challenged the rest of the way as their lead ended up reaching 30 twice in the third quarter before Tiffin closed the gap to 19 by the end of the contest. The final margin of 86-67 was as close as the Dragons got in the second half.
- FG PERCENTAGE: Northwood .509 (29-57), Tiffin .421 (24-57)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE : Tiffin .353 (6-17), Northwood .316 (6-19)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Northwood .880 (22-25), Tiffin .684 (13-19)
- REBOUNDS: Northwood 38 (7 offensive), Tiffin 17 (6 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Northwood 16/15, Tiffin 7/20
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Maddy Seeley: 24 points, 10-13 FG-FGA, 3-5 3-ptrs, two steals, three rebounds
- Lindsay Orwat: 18 points, 2-4 3 ptrs
- Jordyn Nurenberg: 12 points, six rebounds, one steal
- Northwood outscored Tiffin in the paint 36-32, off of turnovers 30-14, and 11-0 on the fast break. The Dragons scored 35 points off the bench to the Timberwolves' 14.
- The Timberwolves will host No. 2 Ashland Saturday (Dec. 3). Tip off is set for 1 p.m.