OVERVIEW – FINDLAY
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 60, Findlay Oilers 49
RECORDS: Northwood (4-2, 2-1 GLIAC) Findlay (4-5, 0-3 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Croy Gymnasium – Findlay, Ohio
RECAP: Northwood leads nearly 35 minutes in a 60-49 road win over Findlay Thursday night (December 8).
- Northwood jumped out to a 5-0 lead early on, but Findlay fought back to score eight straight points to go up 8-5.
- The Timberwolves went back up 11-10 and would not trail the rest of the game.
- NU led 13-10 after one quarter, thanks to holding the Oilers to 26.7 percent from the floor (4-15).
- Northwood maintained their advantage in the second quarter – NU's lead was between five and nine points for the final 7:14 of the half.
- The Timberwolves eventually led 28-21 at the break. Northwood shot 37.9 percent from the floor (11-29) while holding Findlay to 29.0 percent (9-31).
- While Northwood remained in the lead for the entire third quarter, Findlay fought back in the third. UF out-scored NU 16-12 in the third which made the score 40-37 heading to the fourth quarter.
- The Oilers had their best offensive quarter of the game in the third, shooting 54.5 percent (6-11). Northwood ended up a 36.4 percent in the third (4-11).
- The Timberwolves responded well to the push from the Oilers and put the game away with a big run to start the fourth. NU posted a 17-2 run to open the fourth to go up 57-39. Findlay got no closer than 10 points the rest of the way.
- Northwood's offense was efficient in the fourth quarter, going 8-11 from the floor (72.7 percent).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Findlay .364 (20-55), Northwood .451 (23-51)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Findlay .400 (4-10), Northwood .294 (5-17)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Findlay .500 (5-10), Northwood .600 (9-15)
- REBOUNDS: Findlay 36 (10 offensive), Northwood 30 (4 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Findlay 9/13, Northwood 14/10
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Jordyn Nurenberg: 17 points, eight rebounds, three blocks, three steals
- Maddy Seeley: 14 points, five assists
- Ashley Campbell: Seven assists, four rebounds.
- The road team has now won the last four games in the series between Northwood and Findlay. The Oilers were the last team to win a home game in the series (12/1/12).
- The Timberwolves will travel to Miami (Ohio) Saturday (December 10) for a non-conference contest. Game time is set for 1 p.m.