OVERVIEW – INDIANAPOLIS
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 75, Indianapolis Greyhounds 67
RECORDS: Northwood (5-5), Indianapolis (7-5)
LOCATION: Nicoson Hall – Indianapolis, Ind.
RECAP: Northwood lead for over 36 minutes in a 75-67 road victory over Indianapolis Saturday afternoon (December 31).
- After Indianapolis scored the first five points of the game, the Timberwolves dominated the opening 10 minutes. Northwood out-scored the Greyhounds 26-8 the rest of the quarter to open up a 26-13 lead.
- Northwood shot 58.8 percent from the floor (10-17) and 66.7 percent from 3-point range (4-6) to earn the lead.
- Indianapolis played much better in the second quarter, out-scoring the Timberwolves 14-4 over the opening seven minutes to cut the NU lead down to 30-27. Northwood did finish the half strong, scoring the final five points, capped by a Hannah Orwat 3-pointer at the buzzer. That gave Northwood a 39-31 lead at the break.
- NU fell back to 33.3 percent from the floor in the second quarter (5-15), while UINDY connected on 54.5 percent (6-11).
- Northwood extended their advantage to as many as 15 in the third quarter before taking a 56-44 edge to the fourth quarter.
- The Timberwolves offense got going once again in the third, going 8-15 from the floor (53.3 percent). Indianapolis was 4-14 (28.6 percent) but out-scored Northwood 4-0 from the foul line to stay within striking distance.
- Much like the second quarter, Indianapolis came out strong in the final frame. The Greyhounds got within six points on two separate occasions, but Northwood maintained the lead throughout. NU led by 13 in the final minute before UINDY scored the final five points to close out the NU victory.
- FG PERCENTAGE: Northwood .491 (27-55), Indianapolis .490 (25-51)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Northwood .429 (6-14), Indianapolis .400 (6-15)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Northwood .833 (15-18), Indianapolis .647 (11-17)
- REBOUNDS: Northwood 32 (10 offensive), Indianapolis 23 (Seven offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Northwood 13/16, Indianapolis 11/17
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Maddy Seeley: Game-high 22 points, 8-16 from the floor, 4-6 from 3-point range
- Jordyn Nurenberg: 15 points, 6-7 from the floor
- Lindsay Orwat: 15 points (11 in the second half), 5-10 from the floor, 5-6 from the foul line.
- Northwood is now 3-1 all-time against Indianapolis, having won against the Greyhounds in each of the last three seasons. Timberwolves head coach Jeff Curtis is now 3-0 against UINDY
- Sophomore guard Zakiya Wells made her first career start for the Timberwolves at point guard, finishing with three points, two rebounds and two assists to go along with zero turnovers in 23 minutes.
- The Timberwolves will travel to Hillsdale Thursday night (January 5). Game time is set for 6 p.m.