OVERVIEW – INDIANAPOLIS
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 77, Indianapolis Greyhounds 57
RECORDS: Northwood (2-2) Indianapolis (0-4)
LOCATION: Riepma Arena – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood uses a big day from beyond the arc to earn a 77-57 win over Indianapolis Sunday afternoon (November 19).
- Indianapolis held an 8-4 advantage early on when the Timberwolves took over.
- Northwood went a 13-2 run to lead 17-10 after one quarter.
- The Timberwolves shot 38.5 percent from the floor in the quarter (5-13), while the Greyhounds finished at 33.3 percent (5-15). NU connected on a trio of three-pointers in the first while UINDY went 0-3 from beyond the arc.
- Northwood continued to fire on all cylinders, opening the second quarter with a 13-4 run.
- The Timberwolves completely dominated the period, outscoring Indianapolis 21-6 to lead 38-16 at the half.
- Northwood shot 50 percent from the floor in the second (5-10), while the Greyhounds shot 22.2 percent (2-9). For the second straight quarter, the Timberwolves made three 3-pointers while the Greyhounds did not make any shots from beyond the arc.
- The Timberwolves continued to pour it on, as they opened the second half with seven of the first nine points to make the score 45-18.
- By the end of the quarter, Northwood's lead stood at 61-31, which matched their biggest lead of the quarter.
- NU continued to shoot the ball well in the third, sinking 60 percent of their attempts from the field (9-15). The Greyhounds shot the ball well also, finishing at 58.3 percent (7-12).
- Northwood's 3-point shooting stayed hot, as the Timberwolves went 5-6 from beyond the arc. UINDY went 1-4 in the third, making NU's advantage 11-1 from 3-point range after three quarters.
- Indianapolis outscored Northwood 26-16 in the final 10 minutes, but 17 points would be as close as the Greyhounds would get.
- The Greyhounds closed out the game shooting 50 percent from the floor (6-12). Northwood finished with their worst quarter, making 33.3 percent of their attempts (4-12).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Indianapolis .417 (20-48), Northwood .460 (23-50)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Indianapolis .071 (1-14), Northwood .481 (13-27)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Indianapolis .842 (16-19), Northwood .900 (18-20)
- REBOUNDS: Indianapolis 30 (7 offensive), Northwood 30 (6 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Indianapolis 10/20, Northwood 18/14
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Indianapolis 34, Northwood 14
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Indianapolis 9, Northwood 18
- BENCH POINTS: Indianapolis 17, Northwood 35
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Maddy Seeley: 18 points, three assists, four rebounds
- Karli Herrington; 14 points, four rebounds, two steals
- Adrianna Stolicker: 12 points (career-high), three assists
- Lindsay Orwat: 10 points
- Grace German: Six points, 12 rebounds (career-high)
- Zakiya Wells: Five points, five assists, three steals, zero turnovers
- Despite missing eight of their final nine 3-point attempts, the Timberwolves tied the school record for three-pointers in a game with 13. Northwood set the record in their home finale a year ago against Lake Superior State (2/23/17).
- Northwood has now won four of the five matchups in the series against Indianapolis dating back to 2003-04.
- The Timberwolves will travel to Malone Wednesday (November 22). Game time is set for Noon.