OVERVIEW – MICHIGAN TECH
SCORE: No. 18 Michigan Tech Huskies 81, Northwood Timberwolves 54
RECORDS: Northwood (4-3, 1-1 GLIAC), Michigan Tech (8-1, 2-0 GLIAC)
LOCATION: SDC Gymnasium – Houghton, Mich.
RECAP: No. 18 Michigan Tech uses a strong performance on both ends of the floor to earn an 81-54 win over Northwood Saturday afternoon (December 2).
- Michigan Tech took control of the game right away, scoring 12 of the first 14 points in the opening 3:32 of the contest.
- Northwood cut the lead down to six before the Huskies extended their advantage to 26-15 after the opening quarter.
- Northwood went 4-12 from the floor in the quarter (33.3 percent), while MTU was hot, going 11-19 (57.9 percent). Michigan Tech also went 4-6 from 3-point range (4-6).
- The Huskies continued to be strong on the offensive end in the second quarter, getting the lead up to as many as 23.
- The Michigan Tech lead stood at 50-31 at halftime.
- MTU continued to shoot the ball effectively in the second quarter, going 10-17 from the floor (58.8 percent).
- Northwood was better from the floor in the second quarter, going 4-10 (40.0 percent).
- Northwood played better in the third quarter, out-scoring Michigan Tech 17-14.
- The Timberwolves got the lead down to 16 after three quarters at 64-48.
- NU did the majority of their damage from the foul line in the third, going 7-8 from the stripe. The Timberwolves went 4-11 from the floor and 2-3 from 3-point range.
- Michigan Tech continued to perform well from the floor in the third, going 4-8 overall (50.0 percent) and 2-3 from 3-point range.
- After Northwood took their performance level up in the third quarter, Michigan Tech responded with a big fourth quarter to close out the win.
- The Huskies out-scored Northwood 17-6 in the final frame to close out the victory.
- Northwood struggled from the floor in the final 10 minutes, going 2-14. Michigan Tech finished the fourth at 46.2 percent (6-13).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Michigan Tech .544 (31-57), Northwood .298 (14-47)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Michigan Tech .500 (8-16), Northwood .250 (3-12)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Michigan Tech .733 (11-15), Northwood .821 (23-28)
- REBOUNDS: Michigan Tech 37 (11 offensive), Northwood 25 (10 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Michigan Tech 18/12, Northwood 7/12
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Michigan Tech 42, Northwood 16
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Michigan Tech 13, Northwood 20
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Karli Herrington: 14 points, nine rebounds
- Maddy Seeley: 14 points, 7-8 from the foul line
- Lindsay Orwat: 10 points
- The Timberwolves will host Ferris State Thursday night (December 7). Game time is set for 6 p.m.