OVERVIEW – ASHLAND
SCORE: #1 Ashland Eagles 111, Northwood Timberwolves 75
RECORDS: Northwood (17-11), Ashland (30-0)
LOCATION: Kates Gymnasium – Ashland, Ohio
RECAP: Top-ranked and No. 1 seed Ashland jumps out to big early lead and cruises to a 111-75 win over No. 5 seed Northwood in the GLIAC Tournament Semifinals Saturday (March 3).
- Ashland set the tone for the game in the opening minutes, making their first seven shots of the contest, three of which were 3-pointers.
- The Eagles scored the first 10 points of the game and eventually went up 39-13 after one.
- Ashland ended up shooting a remarkable 83.3 percent in the quarter overall (15-18) and 70.0 percent from 3-point range (7-10)
- NU was 6-15 from the floor (40.0 percent) and 1-7 from 3-point range (14.3 percent).
- The Eagles maintained control in the third quarter, getting their lead to 36 points on two separate occasions.
- AU matched their biggest lead of the half at the end of the second with the score standing at 63-27.
- Ashland's offense was not a red-hot in the second quarter, but they still ended up shooting 50.0 percent overall (9-18).
- Northwood ended the second at 45.5 percent (5-11).
- Perimeter shooting continued to be a big key in the game, as Ashland had four triples in the quarter compared to zero for Northwood.
- Northwood's played better in the third quarter, scoring 25 points in the frame after finishing with 27 in the first half.
- Ashland continued to keep things rolling offensively, putting up 27 in the frame to lead 90-52 heading to the fourth.
- The Timberwolves shot 66.7 percent from the floor in the third (10-15) while going 2-4 from beyond the arc.
- Ashland ended up going 9-21 from the floor (42.9 percent).
- While Northwood continued to play better as the game went along, the Timberwolves got no closer than 34 in the final quarter.
- Northwood was 6-16 from the floor in the fourth (37.5 percent) while going 8-10 from the foul line in the fourth
- Ashland was 6-11 from the floor (54.5 percent) and 3-4 from 3-point range.
- FG PERCENTAGE: Ashland .574 (39-68), Northwood .474 (27-57)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Ashland .607 (17-28), Northwood .273 (6-22)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Ashland .762 (16-21), Northwood .750 (15-20)
- REBOUNDS: Ashland 38 (14 offensive), Northwood 25 (eight offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Ashland 28/13, Northwood 14/18
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Ashland 42, Northwood 38
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Ashland 29, Northwood 22
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Lindsay Orwat: 28 points, 11-20 from the floor
- Maddy Seeley: 20 points, 6-6 from the foul line
- Karli Herrington: 10 points, six rebounds
- Lindsay Orwat finished the year with 498 points, the second most in program history. Jordyn Nurenberg had 501 points in the 2015-16 season.
- Maddy Seeley ended her career with 1,374 points, which places her seventh in program history. Seeley passed Paula Peterson (1,368 points) in the game.
- Northwood finished the 2017-18 season by setting new school records for 3-point field goals made (227) and free throw percentage (78.9). The old records were 185 (2014-15) and 77.7 (2008-09), respectively.