OVERVIEW – INDIANA (EXHIBITION)
SCORE: Indiana Hoosiers 78, Northwood Timberwolves 52
RECORDS: Northwood (0-0), Indiana (0-0)
LOCATION: Assembly Hall – Bloomington, Ind.
RECAP: After a fast start in the opening quarter, Northwood falls in exhibition action at Indiana 78-52.
- Northwood came out with an outstanding opening quarter. After trailing 10-6 in the opening five minutes, the Timberwolves out-scored the Hoosiers 16-7 the remainder of the quarter to lead 22-17 after one.
- NU's offense was hot to start, going 8-11 from the floor (72.7 percent) and 2-3 from 3-point range (66.7 percent).
- Indiana had a solid opening quarter on offense as well, shooting 53.8 percent (7-13).
- As strong as the Northwood offense was in the opening quarter, the Timberwolves struggled in the second.
- NU went 1-14 from the floor in the quarter (7.1 percent) and 1-7 from 3-point range (14.2 percent).
- Indiana matched their shooting from the first, going 7-13 for a 53.8 percent mark. IU out-scored Northwood 20-6 in the frame to open up a 37-28 lead at the break.
- The Hoosiers continued to play well in the third, extending their lead to as many as 26 before taking a 62-39 lead to the fourth quarter.
- CMU led 47-38 with under five minutes remaining when Northwood posted a 10-0 run to take a 48-47 lead with less than a minute to go in the third.
- Northwood continued to struggle in the third from the floor, going 4-15 (26.7 percent).
- IU ended up shooting 55.0 percent in the third (11-20).
- The Indiana lead varied between 16 and 26 in the final quarter before the final of 78-52.
- The Hoosiers got the lead to as many as 18 before the final margin of 13 at 91-68.
- Northwood was just 4-16 from the floor (25.0 percent) in the fourth, while Indiana went 6-15 (40.0 percent).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Indiana .508 (31-61), Northwood .304 (17-56)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Indiana .083 (1-12), Northwood .300 (6-20)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Indiana .714 (15-21), Northwood .706 (12-17)
- REBOUNDS: Indiana 39 (12 offensive), Northwood 37 (16 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Indiana 19/12, Northwood 6-19
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Indiana 48, Northwood 18
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Indiana 26, Northwood 9
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Kenzie Seeley: 14 points, three assists
- This was Northwood's second game in two days – the Timberwolves played at Central Michigan the day before in Mt. Pleasant before traveling to Bloomington for this game.
- The Timberwolves will open their season with a home game against Southern Indiana Friday (November 9). Game time is set for 7 p.m.