OVERVIEW – MICHIGAN TECH
SCORE: Michigan Tech Huskies 78, Northwood Timberwolves 68
RECORDS: Northwood (2-6, 0-2 GLIAC), Michigan Tech Huskies (5-3, 2-0 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Riepma Arena – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Michigan Tech finishes the game strong to take a 78-68 decision over Northwood (December 1).
- Michigan Tech came out strong in the first five minutes, scoring 11 of the first 15 points.
- Northwood picked up the pace and outscored the Huskies 9-7 the rest of the way, cutting the deficit 18-13 after one.
- NU made 38.5 percent of their attempts from the floor (5-13).(1-3). MT drained 43.8 percent of their overall shots (7-16).
- Both teams split the first 22 points of the second as Michigan Tech kept their five-point lead intact by the halfway point at 29-24.
- The Huskies extended their edge to 12 by halftime, posting a 10-3 run down the stretch to go up 39-27 at the break.
- NU made 33.3 percent of their attempts (4-12).
- MT shot 55.6 percent from the field (10-18) and 20 percent from three-point range (1-5).
- Michigan Tech led by 13 midway through the third quarter before the Timberwolves came storming back.
- Northwood put together a 17-4 run to tie the game 51-51 heading into the final quarter.
- NU had their best shooting quarter of the day, sinking 53.8 percent of their attempts (7-13) while going 8-8 from the foul line.
- MT made 46.2 percent of their attempts (6-13) and missed both of their shots from three-point land (0-2) while not attempting a free throw.
- The Timberwolves continued to ride their momentum and regained a slim 61-59 lead.
- NU led 63-59 with 4:30 remaining in the game when the Huskies took control. They scored 19 of the final 24 points to earn the win.
- NU finished off the game sinking 46.2 percent of their attempts (6-13). They converted on 25 percent of their shots from three-point range (1-4).
- MT had their best shooting quarter of the day, sinking a cool 61.5 percent of their shots from the field (8-13). They made 40 percent from three-point range (2-5).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Michigan Tech .517 (31-60), Northwood .431 (22-51)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Michigan Tech .211 (4-19), Northwood .385 (5-13)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Michigan Tech .857 (12-14), Northwood .864 (19-22)
- REBOUNDS: Michigan Tech 31 (6 offensive), Northwood 28 (5 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Michigan Tech 17/13, Northwood 12/16
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Grace German: 20 points, five rebounds
- Ellie Taylor: 20 points, six rebounds, three assists, three steals, two blocks
- Kenzie Seeley: 14 points
- The Timberwolves will travel to Ferris State Thursday (December 6). Tip-off is set for 5:30 p.m.