OVERVIEW – FERRIS STATE
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 68, Ferris State Bulldogs
RECORDS: Northwood (2-6, 0-2 GLIAC), Ferris State Bulldogs (5-3, 2-0 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Wink Arena – Big Rapids, Mich.
RECAP: Ferris State earns a 76-63 win over Northwood Thursday night (December 1).
- Northwood's shooters came out red-hot to start the game, scoring 20 points in less than seven minutes to start the game while going 7-10 from the floor.
- NU led by as many as 10 in the quarter before settling for a 24-19 lead after one.
- The Timberwolves ended up shooting 41.2 percent overall in the quarter (7-17) while going 5-10 from 3-point range.
- Ferris State finished the first shooting 64.3 percent from the floor (9-14) while making their only 3-point attempt.
- NU's lead was down to one early in the second, but the Timberwolves responded to go on top 38-30 with 3:26 remaining in the half.
- Ferris State finished the quarter with the final eight points to send the game to the break with the score tied 38-38.
- NU was 4-14 from the floor in the second (28.6 percent), while FSU finished the second at 6-14 (42.9 percent).
- Ferris State took their first lead of the game at 41-40 with 8:22 remaining in the third quarter.
- Northwood still lead 47-43 with under six minutes remaining in the third, but the Bulldogs finished the quarter by scoring 19 of the final 23 points to take a 62-51 lead to the final quarter.
- Shooting was the story of the third quarter, as NU was just 3-10 from the floor (30.0 percent) in the third compared to FSU at 9-15 (60.0 percent).
- The Timberwolves got within six early in the fourth quarter and had the ball, but the Bulldogs were able to close out the win.
- Northwood finished the third quarter 5-13 (38.4 percent), compared to Ferris State at 6-10 (60.0 percent).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Ferris State .558 (24-43), Northwood .341 (14-41)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Ferris State .100 (1-10), Northwood .364 (8-22)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Ferris State .714 (15-21), Northwood .882 (15-17)
- REBOUNDS: Ferris State 36 (12 offensive), Northwood 27 (12 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Ferris State 17/16, Northwood 13/18
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Hunter Viitala: 11 points, six rebounds, three assists
- Ellie Taylor/Adrianna Stolicker: 10 points each
- Tonight's loss snapped Northwood's 10-game winning streak against Ferris State. FSU's win against NU prior to tonight was February 14, 2013.
- The Timberwolves will travel to Lake Superior State Saturday (December 8). Game time is set for 1 p.m.