OVERVIEW – LAKE SUPERIOR STATE
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 69, Lake Superior State Lakers 47
RECORDS: Northwood (3-7, 1-3 GLIAC), Lake Superior State (3-6, 0-4 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Cooper Gymnasium – Sault Ste. Marie, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood uses a second half 26-2 run to earn 69-47 road win over Lake Superior State Saturday afternoon (December 8).
- Both teams made runs in the first quarter, but it was the Timberwolves who scored the final six points of the quarter to take a 14-11 lead after one.
- Neither team shot it well in the first – NU finished the quarter at 29.4 percent (5-17) while LSSU ended at 35.7 percent).
- Northwood carried their strong finish to the first over to the second, making it a 12-0 run to go up 20-10.
- The Lakers responded with a run of their own, scoring 12 of the next 14 points to level the score at 22-22.
- Northwood eventually took a 36-33 lead at halftime.
- Both teams were much better offensively the second quarter – Northwood was 7-14 from the floor (50.0 percent) while Lake Superior State was 8-15 (53.3 percent).
- The game remained close until Northwood began the key run of the game
- With three minutes remaining in the quarter, the score was tied 41-41 before the Timberwolves scored the final seven points of the frame to lead 48-41 heading to the fourth.
- Northwood shot 38.5 percent in the third (5-13) compared to LSSU at 33.3 percent (3-9).
- The Timberwolves continued to control the play for the majority of the final quarter, eventually pushing their run to 26-2. That took the score from 41-41 to 67-43.
- LSSU scored six points in the quarter, four of which came after the teams subbed out their starters.
- Northwood's offense was outstanding in the final quarter, going 8-9 from the floor (88.9 percent) and 3-3 from beyond the arc.
- LSSU ended the fourth shooting 23.1 percent (3-13) while miss
- FG PERCENTAGE: Lake Superior State .373 (19-51), Northwood .472 (25-53)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Lake Superior State .167 (4-24), Northwood .421 (8-19)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Lake Superior State 1.000 (5-5), Northwood .786 (11-14)
- REBOUNDS: Lake Superior State 26 (four offensive), Northwood 30 (five offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Lake Superior State 7/13, Northwood 7/11
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Ellie Taylor: 18 points, seven rebounds, 7-9 from the floor
- Adrianna Stolicker: 13 points
- Kenzie Seeley: 12 points
- The Timberwolves will host Malone December 19. Game time is set for 1 p.m.