OVERVIEW – DAVENPORT
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 70, Davenport Panthers 62
RECORDS: Northwood (7-8, 4-3 GLIAC), Davenport (4-10, 2-5 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Riepma Arena – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood posts its fourth-straight GLIAC win Thursday night (January 10), defeating Davenport 70-62.
- Northwood was strong to start the game, going up 20-7 with 2:36 remaining in the first quarter
- Davenport finished the quarter with a push, scoring the final six point to cut the lead down to 20-13 after one.
- The Timberwolves went 9-19 from the floor in the quarter (9-19), compared to the Panthers at 30.8 percent (4-13).
- Northwood maintained their lead throughout the second quarter.
- NU led by as many as 16 (35-19) before settling for a 37-23 edge at the break
- Northwood improved to 50.0 percent in the second quarter (6-12) from the floor while making 2-3 from 3-point range.
- Davenport was 5-14 overall in the frame (35.7 percent).
- Northwood expanded the lead in the third quarter – after DU cut the advantage to 12 early on, NU went up by as many as 21.
- The Timberwolves eventually led 56-36 heading to the fourth.
- NU matched their shooting percentage from the second in the third, going 5-10 from the floor (50.0 percent). Northwood also shot 50.0 percent from 3-point range (3-6).
- DU was 5-13 from the floor in the third (38.5 percent).
- Davenport came to life in the fourth quarter on both ends of the floor to get back into the game.
- Northwood led 59-38 with 8:31 remaining before the Panthers scored 22 of the next 29 points to cut the advantage down to 66-60 with 46 seconds remaining.
- The Timberwolves went 4-4 from the line in the final 43 seconds to close out the win.
- Davenport's offense was very strong in the fourth, going 8-9 from the floor (88.9 percent) and 9-9 from the foul line.
- Northwood was just 3-12 from the floor (25.0 percent) but did going 6-7 from the foul line (85.7 percent).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Davenport .449 (22-49), Northwood .434 (23-53)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Davenport .300 (3-10), Northwood .346 (9-26)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Davenport .789 (15-19), Northwood .714 (15-21)
- REBOUNDS: Davenport 37 (three offensive), Northwood 37 (11 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Davenport 12/15, Northwood 14/18
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Ellie Taylor: 30 points (career-high), 8-12 from the floor, 4-7 from 3-point range, 10-11 from the foul line
- Zakiya Wells: 11 points, 3-4 from 3-point range
- Adrianna Stolicker/Hunter Viitala: Nine points
- Taylor's 30-point performance for Northwood was the first for a Timberwolves player since Lindsay Orwat's 36 point game at Bellarmine November 12, 2017.
- The Timberwolves will travel to No. 9 Grand Valley State Saturday (January 12). Game time is set for 6 p.m.