OVERVIEW – #6 ASHLAND
SCORE: #6 Ashland Eagles 98, Northwood Timberwolves 65
RECORDS: Northwood (7-11, 4-6 GLIAC), Ashland (17-1, 9-1 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Kates Gymnasium – Ashland, Ohio
RECAP: Northwood gets off to fast start but falls 98-65 at No. 6 Ashland Saturday afternoon (January 19).
- After Ashland scored seven of the first nine points of the game, Northwood was the better team for the majority of the opening half.
- Northwood scored 11 straight points and eventually led 26-19 after the first quarter.
- The Timberwolves had a big quarter shooting, making 9-14 from the floor (64.3 percent) overall, 3-4 from 3-point range (75.0 percent) and 5-6 from the foul line (83.3 percent).
- Ashland finished the first at 35.7 percent overall (5-14)
- Northwood extended their advantage to nine early in the second quarter before Ashland took over.
- The Eagles out-scored Northwood 24-9 the remainder of the second to take a 43-37 lead at the break.
- Ashland's explosive offense got going in the quarter, shooting 62.5 percent in the second (10-16).
- Northwood fell back to 23.5 percent from the floor in the second (4-17).
- Ashland continued to roll in the third, putting up 29 points in the quarter on their way to extending their lead to 72-49 heading to the fourth
- AU's offense stayed hot in the third, shooting 61.1 percent overall (11-18) while connecting on a trio of 3-pointers.
- Northwood was just 4-21 from the floor in the quarter (19.0 percent) while missing all seven of their 3-point attempts.
- The Eagles continued to maintain control in the fourth, going up by as many as 41 before finishing off a 33-point win.
- For the third straight quarter, Ashland shot at least 60 percent from the floor, finishing the fourth at 60.0 percent overall (9-15) while making 4-6 from 3-point range.
- Northwood made six of their final nine shots to finish the fourth quarter at 42.9 percent from the floor (6-14).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Ashland .556 (35-63), Northwood .348 (23-66)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Ashland .440 (11-25), Northwood .263 (5-19)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Ashland .895 (17-19), Northwood .778 (14-18)
- REBOUNDS: Ashland 36 (Seven offensive), Northwood 40 (12 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Ashland 24/10, Northwood 9/11
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Ellie Taylor: 16 points, six rebounds
- Kenzie Seeley: 14 points, 8-9 from the floor
- Brooke Ditto: 10 points
- The Timberwolves will travel to Saginaw Valley Saturday (January 26). Game time is set for 1 p.m.