OVERVIEW – FERRIS STATE
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 73, Ferris State Bulldogs 60
RECORDS: Northwood (10-11, 7-6 GLIAC), Ferris State (11-8, 8-5 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Riepma Arena – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood uses big fourth quarter to earn 73-60 win over Ferris State Saturday (February 2).
- After an even period, FSU finished the quarter with a push to lead 14-10 after one.
- NU made just 21.4 percent of their attempts from the floor (3-14), including 28.6 percent of their three-point tries (2-7).
- FS drained 40.0 percent of their overall shots (4-10), taking zero shots from behind the arc.
- The Bulldogs were able to maintain their lead nearly six minutes into the second at 24-20 as both teams split the first 20 points of the period.
- Northwood was able to eventually draw even late in the period with a 10-6 run to tie the score at 30, but the Bulldogs were able to regain their edge and keep it at 33-30 heading into the break.
- The Timberwolves improved and converted on 41.7 percent of their attempts (5-12), making good on 50 percent of their shots from behind the arc (3-6).
- Ferris State was hot in the second, finishing at 58.3 percent from the field (7-12) while making a pair of 3-pointers.
- Both teams traded leads in the first five minutes, with FS coming out on top 45-41 halfway through the third.
- The Timberwolves were able to cut the lead down to one at 49-48 heading to the fourth.
- Northwood shot 36.8 from the floor, notching 33.3 percent of their attempts from three (2-6).
- The Bulldogs posted a 45.5 percent conversion rate (5-11), making good on 50 percent of their three-point attempts (1-2).
- Northwood had one of its best quarters of the season in the fourth, taking the lead for good at the 8:27 mark.
- Northwood continued to take control down the stretch, building their lead to as large as 13.
- The Timberwolves eventually out-scored the Bulldogs 25-11 in the quarter.
- The Timberwolves had their best shooting quarter of the game, shooting 63.6 percent from the field (7-11). They were even hotter from three-point land, shooting 71.4 percent in the final ten minutes (5-7).
- Ferris State finished the fourth at 37.5 percent from the field (3-8).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Ferris State .463 (19-41), Northwood .393 (22-56)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Ferris State .571 (4-7), Northwood .462 (12-26)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Ferris State .857 (18-21), Northwood .680 (17-25)
- REBOUNDS: Ferris State 29 (four offensive), Northwood 32 (13 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Ferris State 15/18, Northwood 18/9
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Ellie Taylor: 24 points, seven rebounds, four assists
- Grace German: 17 points, eight rebounds
- Kenzie Seeley: 13 points, seven assists
- Northwood has won 10 of the last 11 in the series between the two programs.
- The Timberwolves will travel to Michigan Tech Thursday night (February 7). Game time is set for 5:30 p.m.