OVERVIEW – MICHIGAN TECH
SCORE: Michigan Tech Huskies 70, Northwood Timberwolves 40
RECORDS: Northwood (10-12, 7-7 GLIAC), Michigan Tech (15-7, 11-3 GLIAC)
LOCATION: SDC Gymnasium – Houghton, Mich.
RECAP: Michigan Tech controls play on both ends of the floor in a 70-40 win over Northwood Thursday night (February 7).
- After Northwood scored the first five points of the game, Michigan Tech went on a push that set the tone for the rest of the game.
- The Huskies out-scored Northwood the remainder of the quarter 15-1 to take a 15-6 lead after one.
- Northwood struggled from the floor in the quarter, making just 1-11 attempts (9.1 percent) while missing all four of their 3-point attempts.
- Michigan Tech finished the first quarter at 46.2 percent from the floor (6-13).
- After trailing by as many as 12 in the quarter, Northwood cut the lead down to seven (26-19) with less than two minutes remaining in the half.
- MTU responded, however, scoring the final five points of the second to lead 31-19 at the break.
- The Timberwolves had a better quarter offensively in the second, going 5-12 overall (41.7 percent) while making 3-4 from 3-point range.
- Michigan Tech finished the second at 45.5 percent overall (5-11) 3-6 from beyond the arc.
- Northwood made a triple on the first possession of the second half to get the lead down to nine, but that is as close as they would get.
- Michigan Tech got hot from 3-point range in the third and opened up a 50-25 lead heading to the fourth
- Northwood struggled from the floor in the third, going 2-13 from the floor (15.4 percent).
- The Huskies shot 50.0 percent overall (6-12) but connected on 4-5 from 3-point range (80.0 percent).
- Michigan Tech maintained control in the fourth quarter, not allowing Northwood to get any close than 26.
- The Huskies led by as many as 33 before taking the game by 30.
- The Timberwolves went 3-8 from the floor in the fourth (37.5 percent) while making 9-10 from the foul line (90.0 percent)
- Michigan Tech ended the fourth at 56.3 percent (9-16).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Michigan Tech .500 (26-52), Northwood .250 (11-44)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Michigan Tech .526 (10-19), Northwood .250 (4-16)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Michigan Tech .800 (8-10), Northwood .778 (14-18)
- REBOUNDS: Michigan Tech 36 (Eight offensive), Northwood 29 (Nine offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Michigan Tech 14/14, Northwood 5/16
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- The Timberwolves will travel to Northern Michigan Saturday night (February 9). Game time is set for 1 p.m.