OVERVIEW – NORTHERN MICHIGAN
SCORE: Northern Michigan Wildcats 54, Northwood Timberwolves 43
RECORDS: Northwood (10-13, 7-8 GLIAC), Northern Michigan (17-6, 12-3 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Berry Events Center - Marquette, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood struggles from 3-point range in 54-43 loss to Northern Michigan Saturday afternoon (February 9).
- Northwood got off to a strong start in the game, scoring the first nine points of the game over the opening four minutes.
- The Wildcats netted the final six points of the quarter to make the score 9-6 after one.
- Northwood went 3-12 from the floor in the first (25.0 percent) and 3-10 from 3-point range.
- Northern Michigan went 3-9 in the first (33.3 percent) while missing their only 3-point attempt.
- Neither team shot a free throw in the first.
- Northern Michigan was better in the second quarter, scoring 11 of the first 14 points to go up 17-12.
- That five point lead would prove to be the biggest for the Wildcats in the half, as the score went to the break 23-18.
- The Timberwolves continued to struggle from the floor in the second, going 2-10 overall (20.0 percent) and 0-4 from 3-point range. NU did connect on all five free throws it attempted
- Northern Michigan finished the second 7-15 overall (46.7 percent) and 1-4 from beyond the arc (25.0 percent). NMU was 2-6 from the foul line in the second.
- Northwood came back to tie the game in the third, but Northern Michigan made a push to go up by as many as eight.
- The Wildcats lead stood at 38-33 heading to the fourth quarter.
- Northwood finished the third quarter shooting 35.3 percent (6-17) while connecting on 2-8 from 3-point range.
- NU had its best quarter of the game shooting-wise in the third, making 6-10 from the floor (60.0 percent).
- The Timberwolves cut the lead down to one early in the fourth, but their poor shooting from the perimeter continued in the fourth.
- Northern Michigan's 11-point lead at the end of the game was their biggest of the night.
- The Timberwolves were just 3-13 from the floor in the quarter 21.1 percent) and missed all five of their 3-point attempts.
- Northern Michigan also struggled from the floor in the fourth, making just 3-12 of their attempts (25.0 percent). NMU did connect on 10 of 12 foul shots in the quarter.
- FG PERCENTAGE: Northern Michigan .413 (19-46), Northwood .269 (14-52)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Northern Michigan .267 (4-15), Northwood .185 (5-27)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Northern Michigan .667 (12-18), Northwood .909 (10-11)
- REBOUNDS: Northern Michigan 47 (16 offensive), Northwood 22 (Eight offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Northern Michigan 10/19, Northwood 9/9
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- The Timberwolves will travel to Davenport Thursday night (February 14). Game time is set for 5:30 p.m.