OVERVIEW – DAVENPORT
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 68, Davenport Panthers 59
RECORDS: Northwood (11-13, 8-8 GLIAC), Davenport (5-18, 3-13 GLIAC)
LOCATION: DU Student Center – Grand Rapids, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood earns 68-59 road win over Davenport Thursday night (February 14)
- Northwood's offense had a big start to the game, going up 22-5 late in the quarter.
- Davenport finished the quarter with a push, cutting the Northwood lead down to 24-13 after one.
- Northwood finished the quarter at 58.8 percent overall (10-17) and 50.0 percent from 3-point range (4-8).
- The Panthers ended the quarter at 35.7 percent (5-14) overall and 50.0 percent from 3-point range (2-4).
- Davenport entered the game shooting 27 percent from 3-point range while making less than five triples per game, but the Panthers got hot from beyond the arc in the second to get back into the game.
- DU connected on 4-8 from beyond the arc in the second, getting the once 17-point lead all the way down to two points.
- Northwood eventually led 36-33 at the break.
- DU ended the second shooting 53.3 percent overall (8-15).
- Northwood struggled in the second, making just 3-14 from the floor (21.4 percent) and 1-7 from 3-point range (14.3 percent).
- Davenport briefly took the lead early in the third quarter before the Timberwolves bounced back.
- Northwood led by as many as eight in the third before taking a 52-46 lead to the final quarter.
- Northwood finished the third quarter shooting 38.5 percent (5-14) while going 3-7 from beyond the arc (42.9 percent).
- Davenport went 6-13 from the floor (46.2 percent) in the third.
- Northwood scored the first three points of the fourth quarter to open up a nine point lead and stayed on top the remainder of the contest.
- Davenport got within five points on two separate occasions but got no closer the remainder of the way.
- NU was 5-11 from the floor in the fourth (45.5 percent) and 4-5 from the foul line.
- Davenport was 3-6 from the floor (50.0 percent) and went 6-10 from the foul line.
- FG PERCENTAGE: Davenport .458 (22-48), Northwood .418 (23-55)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Davenport .500 (8-16), Northwood .370 (10-27)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Davenport .583 (7-12), Northwood .632 (12-19)
- REBOUNDS: Davenport 33 (Seven offensive), Northwood 30 (Eight offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Davenport 20/18, Northwood 15/8
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Davenport 8, Northwood 25
- BENCH POINTS: Davenport 31, Northwood 4
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Grace German: 16 points, 10 rebounds
- Ellie Taylor: 15 points, seven rebounds
- Kenzie Seeley: 15 points, six assists
- Hunter Viitala: 10 points, six assists, four rebounds
- The Timberwolves will host #12 Grand Valley State Saturday afternoon (February 16). Game time is set for 4 p.m.