OVERVIEW – HILLSDALE
SCORE: Hillsdale Chargers 80, Northwood Timberwolves 71
RECORDS: Northwood (0-2), Hillsdale (1-1)
LOCATION: Dawn Tibbetts Potter Arena – Hillsdale, Mich.
RECAP: Women's Basketball sees Hillsdale go on a fourth-quarter run in a 80-71 Charger victory Sunday afternoon (November 10).
- Northwood got off to a fast start in the game, scoring 12 of the first 15 points of the contest.
- The Timberwolves led by as many as nine before a late push by Hillsdale made the score 21-17 after one.
- NU shot 50.0 percent from the floor (9-18) and 37.5 percent from 3-point range (3-8). Northwood missed their only free throw attempt of the quarter.
- HC was 5-17 from the floor overall (29.4 percent) but went 7-8 from the foul line (87.5 percent).
- Hillsdale took their first lead of the game after a 8-2 run to open the second quarter to go up 25-23.
- The teams alternated the lead the remainder of the tightly played quarter, with the largest advantage for either squad standing at six points.
- Northwood ended the half with a 39-36 lead.
- The Timberwolves were 8-19 from the floor (42.1 percent) but missed all five of their 3-point attempts.
- Hillsdale improved to 6-10 from the floor (60.0 percent) and 2-5 from beyond the arc (40.0 percent).
- The game continued to be tight throughout the third quarter.
- Northwood briefly held a six point lead early in the frame. The margin was four or less for the final 7:11 of the quarter.
- The game went to the fourth quarter with the score tied 57-57.
- NU had another strong offensive quarter in the third, going 8-15 from the floor (53.3 percent) overall and 2-5 from 3-point range (40.0 percent).
- Hillsdale was solid as well, finishing the third at 47.4 percent (9-19) and 3-6 from beyond the arc (50.0 percent).
- Northwood got a three-point play on their first possession of the fourth, but that was when the Chargers when on the key run of the game.
- A 12-0 stretch for Hillsdale made the score 69-60 with six minutes remaining.
- The Timberwolves got back within four points at 71-67 and had the ball with less than two minutes remaining. But a turnover followed by a Hillsdale 3-pointer clinched the win for the Chargers.
- NU fell back to 33.3 percent from the floor (5-15) overall and 1-8 from beyond the arc (12.5 percent).
- Hillsdale ended the fourth going 6-15 from the floor (40.0 percent) and 2-8 from 3-point range (25.0 percent). The Chargers also went 9-12 from the foul line (75.0 percent).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Hillsdale .426 (26-61), Northwood .448 (30-67)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Hillsdale .304 (7-23), Northwood .231 (6-26)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Hillsdale .793 (23-29), Northwood .615 (8-13)
- REBOUNDS: Hillsdale 46 (14 offensive), Northwood 30 (Seven offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Hillsdale 10/11, Northwood 10/10
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Hillsdale 32, Northwood 44
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Hillsdale 16, Northwood 14
- SECOND CHANCE POINTS: Hillsdale 21, Northwood 6
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Maizie Taylor: 20 points, 9-12 from the floor, 2-3 from 3-point range
- Alli Keyser: 18 points
- Sophia DiMilia: 14 points
- The Timberwolves will host Lewis for the Timberwolves home opener Saturday (November 16). Game time is set for 1 p.m.