OVERVIEW – LEWIS
SCORE: Lewis Flyers 72, Northwood Timberwolves 64
RECORDS: Northwood (0-3), Lewis (2-1)
LOCATION: Riepma Arena – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Women's Basketball drops 72-64 contest to Lewis in the Timberwolves home opener Saturday afternoon (November 16).
- Northwood connected on a 3-pointer on their first possession of the game, but that would prove to be their lone lead of the contest.
- The Flyers scored 12 straight points to go up 12-3.
- Lewis led by as many as 10 before the Timberwolves scored the final five points of the first to make the score 18-13 after one.
- Northwood was just 5-14 overall from the floor (35.7 percent) but did go 3-7 from 3-point range (42.9 percent).
- Lewis was 7-17 from the floor in the second (41.2 percent) overall and 2-6 from beyond the arc (33.3 percent).
- The second quarter was evenly played – the Lewis lead stayed between five and nine point the entire way.
- The Flyers lead ended up at 30-24 at halftime.
- Both offenses fell back in the second – NU was 4-13 overall (30.8 percent) while Lewis went 5-17 (29.4 percent).
- Lewis pushed the advantage to 10 at 46-36 with 2:57 remaining in the third.
- Northwood got back-to-back 3-pointers to cut the advantage to four. At 46-42.
- The Flyers lead stood at 50-45 heading to the fourth quarter.
- Lewis got rolling offensively again in the third, going 7-11 overall (63.6 percent).
- Northwood went 8-19 overall (42.1 percent) but did connect on 4-9 from beyond the arc (44.4 percent).
- Northwood scored the first five points of the fourth to tie the game at 50-50. It was the first tie of the game since the score was 3-3.
- That was when the Flyers went on the key run of the contest, scoring 13 straight points over a 3:02 stretch.
- Lewis led by as many as 15 down the stretch before NU scored the final seven points of the game .
- A 12-0 stretch for Lewis made the score 69-60 with six minutes remaining.
- The Timberwolves got back within four points at 71-67 and had the ball with less than two minutes remaining. But a turnover followed by a Lewis 3-pointer clinched the win for the Flyers.
- Northwood had a hard time slowing down the Flyers in the fourth, as Lewis went 9-11 from the floor (81.8 percent) and 4-6 from beyond the arc (66.7 percent).
- NU went 7-19 from the floor (38.9 percent) overall and 3-6 from 3-point range (50.0 percent).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Lewis .500 (28-56), Northwood .375 (24-64)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Lewis .333 (8-24), Northwood .480 (12-25)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Lewis .889 (8-9), Northwood .333 (4-12)
- REBOUNDS: Lewis 39 (11 offensive), Northwood 33 (15 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Lewis 24/17, Northwood 15/11
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Lewis 38, Northwood 18
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Lewis 12, Northwood 21
- SECOND CHANCE POINTS: Lewis 14, Northwood 12
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Alli Keyser: 20 points, six assists, four rebounds, two steals, 4-6 from 3-point range
- Makenzie Todd: 16 points, 4-6 from 3-point range
- The Timberwolves will host Ursuline Saturday (November 23). Game time is set for 1 p.m.