OVERVIEW – URSULINE
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 94, Ursuline Arrows 83
RECORDS: Northwood (1-3), Ursuline (1-4)
LOCATION: Riepma Arena – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Women's Basketball picks up their first win of the season Saturday afternoon (November 23), defeating Ursuline 94-83.
- Northwood scored the first two points of the game and led the remainder of the game.
- The Timberwolves led by as many as nine (13-4) in the first quarter before holding a 24-18 lead after one.
- NU had a big quarter offensively in the first, shooting 57.9 percent overall (11-19).
- Ursuline shot 35.7 percent in the first (5-14).
- The teams each made runs in the second quarter as the game went back-and-forth.
- Ursuline cut the advantage down to one at 28-27, only to see the Timberwolves score 11 straight points to make the score 39-27.
- NU ended the half with a 44-34 lead.
- Northwood fell back to 40.0 percent in the quarter (8-20) from the floor.
- UC shot nearly the same percentage in the second as they did the first, as the Arrows went 6-17 from the floor in the second (35.3 percent).
- After the Arrows cut the lead down to eight early in the third, Northwood maintained control the remainder of the quarter.
- The Timberwolves led by as many as 17 before taking a 70-57 lead to the fourth quarter.
- Ursuline's field goal percentage went up significantly in the third, finishing at 56.3 percent overall (9-16) while going 2-3 from 3-point range.
- Northwood also had a good shooting quarter, going 10-20 from the floor in the third (50.0 percent).
- The Arrows did not give up in the final quarter, using a 16-5 run in the fourth to get the lead down to five at 84-79 with 2:34 remaining.
- Northwood finishes the game strong, however, to close out the victory. A 10-2 run took a five point lead and made it 94-81.
- NU eventually closed out the game at 94-83.
- Northwood was 5-12 from the floor (41.7 percent) in the fourth. They earned the win thanks to going 13-16 from the foul line (81.3 percent).
- Ursuline continued to shoot well in the fourth, going 10-19 overall (52.6 percent) and 3-6 from beyond the arc (50.0 percent).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Ursuline .455 (30-66), Northwood .479 (34-71)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Ursuline .350 (7-20), Northwood .286 (8-28)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Ursuline .762 (16-21), Northwood .643 (18-28)
- REBOUNDS: Ursuline 36 (10 offensive), Northwood 46 (16 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Ursuline 11/18, Northwood 21/14
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Ursuline 40, Northwood 42
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Ursuline 16, Northwood 27
- SECOND CHANCE POINTS: Ursuline 10, Northwood 16
- FAST BREAK POINTS: Ursuline 4, Northwood 16
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Maizie Taylor: 26 points (career-high), 9-16 from the floor, 3-6 from 3-point range, 5-5 from the foul line, five assists, four steals, four rebounds
- Jayla Strickland: 14 points, nine rebounds (career-highs)
- Makenzie Todd: 15 points, four assists
- The Timberwolves will travel to Ohio Dominican Tuesday night (November 26). Game time is set for 7:30 p.m.