OVERVIEW – CEDARVILLE
SCORE: Cedarville Yellow Jackets 84, Northwood Timberwolves 62
RECORDS: Northwood (1-5), Cedarville (6-1)
LOCATION: Alumni Hall – Columbus, Ohio (Ohio Dominican University)
RECAP: Women's Basketball falls to Cedarville 84-62 Wednesday afternoon (November 27).
- Cedarville scored the first seven points of the game to take the early lead.
- NU trailed by as many as 13 in the quarter before a late push. Northwood came back to make the score 18-12 after one.
- The Timberwolves were 4-13 from the floor (30.8 percent), while the Yellow Jackets went 7-14 (50.0 percent).
- Northwood finished a 12-0 run early in the second quarter to go up 21-18.
- The remainder of the quarter saw both teams make small runs – Cedarville got the lead to 10 at one point, only to see NU score six straight that made the score 35-31
- The Yellow Jackets eventually took a 41-32 lead to halftime.
- NU had a strong shooting second quarter, going 8-12 overall (66.7 percent) from the floor.
- Cedarville shot 42.9 percent in the frame (9-21).
- CU had five offensive rebounds to zero for Northwood in the quarter. NU also committed four turnovers in the second to zero for Cedarville.
- After the two teams exchanged baskets to start the second half, Cedarville kept the lead above 11 the remainder of the third.
- CU led by as many as 17 before taking a 63-48 lead at the end of the quarter.
- Northwood finished the third quarter shooting 36.4 percent (4-11) and missed all four of their 3-point attempts.
- Cedarville went 9-17 from the floor (52.6 percent) and made 3-6 from 3-point range.
- Northwood got within 13 early in the fourth quarter, but that is as close as the Timberwolves would get.
- Cedarville led by as many as 26 before closing out the 22 point victory.
- Both teams had the same shooting stats in the fourth quarter, going 6-10 from the floor (60.0 percent).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Cedarville .500 (31-62), Northwood .478 (22-46)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Cedarville .355 (11-31), Northwood .250 (3-12)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Cedarville .647 (11-17), Northwood .577 (15-26)
- REBOUNDS: Cedarville 38 (13 offensive), Northwood 26 (Four offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Cedarville 19/10, Northwood 8/17
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Cedarville 34, Northwood 32
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Cedarville 54, Northwood 7
- SECOND CHANCE POINTS: Cedarville 11, Northwood 1
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Jayla Strickland: 11 points, 5-8 from the floor
- Maizie Taylor: 10 points, three rebounds, two assists
- Alli Keyser/Brooke Ditto: Nine points each
- The Timberwolves will host Indianapolis Saturday (November 30). Game time is set for 1 p.m.