OVERVIEW – INDIANAPOLIS
SCORE: Indianapolis Greyhounds 62, Northwood Timberwolves 58
RECORDS: Northwood (1-6), Indianapolis (5-1)
LOCATION: Riepma Arena – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Women's Basketball battles but falls to Indianapolis 62-58 Saturday afternoon (November 30).
- The Greyhounds were the better team early – after NU scored the first three points of the game, UINDY rattled off nine straight.
- Indianapolis led by as many as eight before settling for a 16-12 lead after one.
- The Timberwolves went just 4-14 from the floor in the first quarter (28.6 percent).
- UNDY ended the quarter at 43.8 percent (7-16).
- The remainder of the game proved to be very close – UINDY's first quarter eight point lead proved to be the biggest of the day.
- Indianapolis led 22-17 with 5:59 remaining, but the Timberwolves responded by scoring 10 of the final 14 points of the half to give NU a 27-26 lead at the break.
- Both teams finished the second quarter at 40.0 percent from the floor – Northwood was 6-15, while Indianapolis was 4-10.
- The game flow of the third quarter was very similar to the second, as the Greyhounds led 36-31 with 5:27 left in the quarter.
- NU scored 12 of the final 18 points to give Northwood a 43-42 lead heading to the fourth.
- Both teams shot it well in the third – NU was 6-12 overall (50.0 percent) while going 4-6 from 3-point range (66.7 percent). UINDY shot 63.6 percent (7-11).
- While the margin remained tight the remainder of the game, the Greyhounds took the lead for good at 47-46.
- NU got within one or two points on six separate occasions in the final 4:49 of the game, but were unable to get any closer.
- UINDY went 5-6 from the foul line and grabbed the offensive rebounds on the missed free throw in the final 32 seconds to close out the win.
- Indianapolis was 6-10 from the floor in the fourth (60.0 percent) while holding the Timberwolves to 31.6 percent (6-19).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Indianapolis .511 (24-47), Northwood .367 (22-60)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Indianapolis .167 (1-6), Northwood .426 (11-26)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Indianapolis .619 (13-21, Northwood .375 (3-8)
- REBOUNDS: Indianapolis 34 (12 offensive), Northwood 34 (19 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Indianapolis 15/17, Northwood 12/18
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Indianapolis 38, Northwood 20
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Indianapolis 19, Northwood 23
- SECOND CHANCE POINTS: Indianapolis 16, Northwood 14
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- The Timberwolves will open Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC) play Thursday (December 5) at Northern Michigan. Game time is set for 7:30 p.m.