OVERVIEW – LAWRENCE TECH
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 71, Lawrence Tech Blue Devils 52
RECORDS: Northwood (2-9), Lawrence Tech (10-4)
LOCATION: Riepma Arena – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood women's basketball uses big third quarter to pick up 71-52 win over Lawrence Tech to finish 2019 Saturday afternoon (December 21).
- Lawrence Tech was the better team early, scoring seven of the first 10 points in the first five minutes.
- The remainder of the quarter was close, which ended with the score tied 14-14.
- The Timberwolves were 5-15 from the floor overall (33.3 percent) but did go 4-9 from 3-point range (44.4 percent).
- Lawrence Tech shot 40.0 percent from the floor (6-15) and from 3-point range (2-5).
- The score remained close throughout the second quarter.
- LTU held their biggest lead of the day at 30-25 with 1:57 remaining before the Timberwolves scored the final five points to send the game to the break tied at 30-30.
- Northwood fell back to 31.6 percent (6-19) in the second quarter from the floor.
- The Blue Devils had the same shooting stats in the second as they did in the first – 6-15 (40.0 percent).
- The key stretch of the game came to start the third quarter, as the Timberwolves came out fast.
- Northwood scored the first 15 points of the quarter to go up 45-30 on their way to a 53-42 lead at the end of three.
- Northwood had a big quarter offensively in the third, shooting 8-15 overall (53.3 percent) while making 4-6 from 3-point range (66.7 percent).
- LTU shot 45.5 percent overall (5-11) in the third.
- The Timberwolves maintained control in the fourth, extended the lead to as many as 21.
- Lawrence Tech got no closer than 12 in the final frame.
- Northwood went 5-12 from the floor in the fourth (41.7 percent) while going 3-7 from 3-point range (42.9 percent) and 5-5 from the foul line.
- LTU fell back to 23.5 percent from the floor (4-17).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Lawrence Tech .362 (21-58), Northwood .393 (24-61)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Lawrence Tech .333 (5-15), Northwood .439 (14-32)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Lawrence Tech .455 (5-11), Northwood .818 (9-11)
- REBOUNDS: Lawrence Tech 41 (10 offensive), Northwood 39 (eight offensive)
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Lawrence Tech 22, Northwood 16
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Lawrence Tech 6, Northwood 20
- SECOND CHANCE POINTS: Lawrence Tech 12, Northwood 9
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- The Timberwolves will host Parkside January 2. Game time is set for 6 p.m.