OVERVIEW – GLIAC CHAMPIONSHIPS (STROKE PLAY)
LOCATION: Augusta, Mich. – Stonehedge Golf Club (Par 72 – 5962 yards)
RECAP: Women's Golf advances to medal match play semifinals by placing third at the stroke play portion of the GLIAC Championships Friday and Saturday (April 19-20).
INSIDE THE EVENT
- Northwood shot team scores of 319 and 318 to finish at 637 overall, which was good for third place in the stroke play portion of the event.
- Tenth-ranked Grand Valley State was first at 590 (299-291), followed by Davenport at 636 (328-308). Wayne State was fourth at 638 (319-319).
- A total of 10 teams took part in the championship.
- This year's event features a new format, where the top-four teams after 36-holes of stroke play advance to the medal match play semifinal round. Medal match play consists of the five individual players each team's lineup facing off in one-on-one matches. First team to win three matches takes the overall victory.
- Northwood will take on second-seeded Davenport in one semifinal, while No. 1 GVSU will face Wayne State.
- Those semifinals will tee off tomorrow morning (April 21), with the finals following in afternoon.
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Taylor Harding: 78-75=153 – sixth overall
- Ines Dorado: 82-76=158 – tied for 11th
- A total of 50 players competed in the tournament
- The semifinal match will start at 8:30 a.m. The finals will being at 1:45 p.m.