SCORE: Ohio Dominican Panthers 4, Northwood Timberwolves 2
RECORDS: Ohio Dominican (3-2), Northwood (2-2)
LOCATION: Dean Field - Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Ohio Dominican controls the play in a 4-2 win over Northwood Sunday afternoon (September 10).
INSIDE THE GAME
- From the outset, Ohio Dominican controlled the play and were rewarded with the game's first goal. On a Panther free kick from midfield in the 18th minute, the strike made its way over a mass of jumping bodies including Northwood goalkeeper Julia Luzod to make the score 1-0.
- The Timberwolves did not help themselves in the 26th minute, taking a penalty inside the area. On the ensuing penalty kick, the Panthers converted to extend their lead to 2-0.
- Northwood was able to get on the board late in the first half, momentarily cutting the lead to one with three minutes remaining. On a loose ball in the box, Isabel Hess was able to corral the ball for a rebound shot. She buried her strike past the Ohio Dominican keeper for her first collegiate goal.
- Just under a minute later however, the Panthers erased any momentum the Timberwolves gained on Hess's goal. In similar fashion, they converted on a rebound to keep their two-goal lead heading into halftime.
- Ohio Dominican would add a fourth goal to officially put the game away with just under nine minutes to play, capitalizing on a Northwood giveaway.
- Despite the result, the Timberwolves would not go quietly and would capitalize on a Panther giveaway with just over two minutes left to play. Talene Nercesian picked up a loose ball from the right side and buried a shot far side to cut the lead to two.
- SHOTS: Ohio Dominican 16, Northwood 5
- SAVES: Northwood 5, Ohio Dominican 1
- CORNER KICKS: Ohio Dominican 2, Northwood 1
- FOULS: Northwood 13, Ohio Dominican 12
- Between Isabel Hess, Talene Nercesian and Ashton Brooks, freshmen have accounted for six of the seven goals the Timberwolves have scored this season.
- Ohio Dominican has won the past five meetings between the two programs.
- The Timberwolves will travel to Michigan Tech for a game against the Huskies Friday (Sept. 15). Game time is set for 7 p.m.