OVERVIEW – #13 SAGINAW VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY
SCORE: SVSU Cardinals 2, Northwood Timberwolves 0
RECORDS: Northwood 1-4, Saginaw Valley 4-1-1
LOCATION: Braddock Field – University Center, Mich.
RECAP: A pair of early second half goals proved too much for the Timberwolves as the host Cardinals came away with a 2-0 victory.
• Saginaw Valley had a majority of the ball in the first half as the hosts forced Northwood goalkeeper Bridget Adams into five first half saves.
• The Timberwolves had a pair of chances late in the first half on shots by Jessie Piper and Erica Breitling but were unable to find the back of the net.
• SVSU opened the scoring in the second half as a shot from distance by Molly Vanderhoff beat Adams to make the score 1-0 in the 56th minute.
• Three minutes later Vanderhoff from Lindsay Stroebel to make the score 2-0.
• Northwood was unable to find any more offense and the game would end 2-0.
• Shots: Northwood 2, SVSU 30
• Saves: Northwood 10 (Bridget Adams), SVSU 1 (Alyssa Watts)
• Corner Kicks: Northwood 3, SVSU 6
TOP NU PERFORMERS
• Piper: One shot
• Breitling: One shot
• Despite both teams competing in the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference, tonight's match was a non-conference match and will not count towards the GLIAC standings.
• Northwood will make the short trek to Marquette, Mich. On Friday (September 14th) to face off with Northern Michigan for a 3:30 pm kickoff.