OVERVIEW – NORTHERN MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY
SCORE: Northern Michigan Wildcats _, Northwood Timberwolves 0
RECORDS: Northwood 1-5, Northern Michigan 4-2-2
LOCATION: NMU Soccer Field – Marquette, Mich.
RECAP: In a game that saw the Timberwolves control most of the run of play, a late 78th minute goal by Northern Michigan as Northwood falls 1-0 at Northern Michigan.
- The Timberwolves came out on the offensive in the first half and controlled a majority of the play as they had five shots in the opening 16 minutes forcing Wildcat Goalkeeper Brianna Frontuto into three early saves.
- NU continued to control the game through the rest of the half, holding a 7-2 advantage in shots on frame, but were unable to find the back of the net and both teams went into the break scoreless.
- The majority of the second half was played in the midfield as neither team was able to create any clear cut chances for most of the half.
- The breakthrough finally came from Northern Michigan in the 78th minute on a goal by Taelor Moore that proved to be the difference in the match.
- Shots: Northwood 12, NMU 10
- Saves: Northwood 2 (Bridget Adams), NMU 7 (Brianna Frontuto)
- Corner Kicks: Northwood 3, NMU 4
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Northwood has had among the toughest schedules in Division II to open the 2018 season – all six of their matches have been away from home, with the last five contests all being true road contests. NU's five opponents in those games all currently have winning records and their combined overall mark is 23-7-4 (.774).
- Northwood will continue its tour of the Upper Peninsula on Sunday (September 21) as they travel to Houghton, Mich. To take on Michigan Tech for a Noon kickoff.