SCORE: #1 Grand Valley State Lakers 1, Northwood Timberwolves 0
RECORDS: Grand Valley State (16-0-1, 8-0 GLIAC), Northwood (2-12-1, 1-6-1 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Dean Field - Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood can't break through in 1-0 loss to Grand Valley (October 21).
INSIDE THE GAME
- Northwood nearly struck first in the fifth minute on their first shot. After a throw-in from the right sideline, Ashton Brooks picked up a loose ball in stride and stepped into the area. From the middle of the box, she fired a shot that missed the crossbar by inches and the game remained scoreless.
- Similar to how Northwood nearly drew first blood early on, Grand Valley almost closed the half with a goal. Sprinting down the left side and into the area, the forward booted a strike that nailed the middle of the crossbar. The rebound came right to another Lakers forward, who fanned on the shot. The game would remain scoreless headed into the second.
- GVSU finally broke through in the 61st minute. Picking up a rebound from the left side just outside the area, the Grand Valley defender floated a crossing pass that dipped and dove into the right corner of the net. This gave The Lakers a 1-0 lead, one that they would make stand up for the rest of the game
- SHOTS: Grand Valley State 18, Northwood 3
- SAVES: Grand Valley State 0, Northwood 1
- CORNER KICKS: Grand Valley State 8, Northwood 0
- FOULS: Grand Valley State 7, Northwood 9
- The Timberwolves will host Ferris State for the final regular season game of the year Friday (October 26). Game time is set for 3 p.m.