OVERVIEW – NORTHERN MICHIGAN
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 2, Northern Michigan Wildcats 0
RECORDS: Northwood (6-3, 2-0 GLIAC), Northern Michigan (2-7, 0-2 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Dean Field – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood women's soccer's turnaround season continues as they defeat Northern Michigan 2-0 at home Sunday afternoon (October 6).
- After scoring the game winner against Michigan Tech, Jessica Piper picked up where she left off on Friday afternoon, getting the Timberwolves on the board.. At 17:53 she got on the end of Jillian Hon's cross, heading it into the goal to give Northwood a 1-0 lead.
- At 60:44, Riley Rajewski extended the Timberwolf lead to 2-0, chipping past the goalkeeper and into the open net to finish the Northwood breakaway counterattack. Juliana Paoletti picked up the assist on Rajewski's first goal of the season.
- Both teams had chances to score down the stretch, but neither team was able to find the back of the net, giving Northwood the win.
- Shots: Northwood 10, Northern Michigan 13
- Saves: Northwood 5 (Andrea Everett), Northern Michigan 6 (Brianna Frontuto)
- Corner Kicks: Northwood 4, Northern Michigan 2
- Fouls: Northwood 7, Northern Michigan 16
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Piper: Goal (2)
- Rajewski: Goal (1)
- Hon/Paoletti: Assist
- A year after going 2-13-1 overall, 1-7-1 in the GLIAC, Northwood currently stands at 6-3 overall, 2-0 in the GLIAC
- Northwood had no shutouts in 2018 – they have four in nine games this season.
- Northwood also had a shutout on Friday against Michigan Tech – the last time NU had two conference shutouts in one weekend was October 16/18, 2015. NU won a pair of 1-0 games against Findlay and Tiffin that weekend.
- The Timberwolves will travel to Ashland Friday night (October 11). Match time is set for 7 p.m.