OVERVIEW – TUSCULUM
SCORE: Tusculum Pioneers 5, Northwood Timberwolves 2
RECORDS: Northwood (16-1), Tusculum (7-3)
LOCATION: Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
RECAP: Northwood dropped their first match of 2016-17 season, losing 5-2 to Tusculum Tuesday afternoon (March 7).
INSIDE THE MATCH
- The Pioneers picked up wins at the No. 1 and No. 3 positions in doubles, while Northwood picked up a victory at the No. 2 slot to send the match to singles with Tusculum leading 2-1.
- Singles were tightly contested, with two of the four singles matches completed going the full three sets. Tusculum won three of the four contests to earn the overall victory.
- Northwood's victory came at the No. 3 slot.
- The matches at the No. 5 and No. 6 position were unfinished.
- Anna Aniskina was unable to play in the match. She normally plays No. 1 doubles and No. 4 singles for the Timberwolves.
- The Timberwolves will face Chowan Wednesday (March 8). First serve is set for 8 p.m.