OVERVIEW – ROCKHURST
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 8, Rockhurst Hawks 1
RECORDS: Northwood (19-2), Rockhurst (5-3)
LOCATION: Plainfield, Ill. – Midwest Region Crossover Event
RECAP: Northwood uses pair of close wins in doubles en route to a 5-4 win over Rockhurst Saturday (March 18).
INSIDE THE MATCH
- For the second straight day Northwood entered the match without their top player, Carol Arnez-Mercado. She plays No. 1 singles and No. 1 doubles for the Timberwolves.
- After Rockhurst won the first match of the day 8-6 at the No. 3 doubles position, Northwood pulled out a pair of hard-fought wins at the No. 1 and No. 2 slots. NU took both matches in tiebreakers, 9-8, to take a 2-1 lead heading into singles.
- Northwood then won three of the six singles matches, picking up wins at the No. 1, 4 and 5 positions.
- Two of the six singles matches went the full three sets – Northwood won in the three at the No. 1 slot while the Hawks won at the No. 6 position.
- Northwood will face Maryville to finish the Midwest Crossover Sunday (March 19). Match time is set for 10:30 a.m.