SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 7, Ashland Eagles 0
RECORDS: Northwood (5-0, 5-0 GLIAC), Ashland (1-5, 0-4 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Ashland, Ohio
RECAP: Northwood posts another 7-0 sweep Saturday afternoon (October 6), downing Ashland on the road as the Timberwolves remain unbeaten.
INSIDE THE MATCH
- Northwood posted three wins in doubles to take a 1-0 advantage into singles. Northwood won 6-3 and 6-2 at the No. 2 and No. 3 slot, respectively, before pulling out a tight 7-6 match at the No. 1 position.
- Northwood then posted straight-set wins in all six positions to close out the win.
- Tetyana Pavych, Carol Arnez-Mercado, Kate Berestovenko, Elizaveta Velichko, Iryna Trystan, Vasilisa Mikhaylova: 2-0 on the day
- Northwood has won all five of its team matches by the score of 7-0. Overall, in the four matches contested, the Timberwolves are 15-0 in doubles and 30-0 in singles.
- NU has now won 54 out of 55 sets completed in singles this season.
- The Timberwolves will travel to Wayne State Tuesday (October 9). First serve is set for 2 p.m.