SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 7, Saginaw Valley State Cardinals 0
RECORDS: Northwood (7-0, 7-0 GLIAC), Saginaw Valley (4-3, 4-3 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Midland, Mich. – Greater Midland Tennis Center
RECAP: Northwood remains unbeaten with 7-0 sweep over Saginaw Valley Saturday afternoon (October 13).
INSIDE THE MATCH
- Northwood swept the doubles in three closely contested matches. NU won the scores of 7-6 (No. 1), 7-5 (No. 2) and 6-4 (No. 3) to take a 1-0 lead.
- The Timberwolves went on to win all six singles matches to close out the sweep. Northwood won four of the six matches in straight-sets while winning a pair in three sets.
- Tetyana Pavych, Kate Berestovenko, Elizaveta Velichko, Iryna Trystan, Vasilisa Mikhaylova: 2-0 on the day
- This is the sixth time in seven matches this season Northwood has swept all the singles and doubles contests.
- After today's result, Northwood is now 39-3 in singles and 20-1 in doubles on the season.
- Prior to the match, Northwood hosted a dedication ceremony to renamed the tennis court at Northwood to Colestock Courts in honor long-time head coach Zane Colestock.
- The Timberwolves host Ferris State Saturday (October 20). Match time is set for 10 a.m.