OVERVIEW – MICHIGAN TECH (GLIAC TOURNAMNENT SEMIFINALS)
SCORE: #2 Northwood Timberwolves 4, #3 Michigan Tech Huskies 2
RECORDS: Northwood (10-1), Michigan Tech (9-3)
LOCATION: Midland, Mich. – Greater Midland Tennis Center
RECAP: Second-seeded Northwood moves to the GLIAC Tournament finals with a 4-2 win over No. 3 Michigan Tech Saturday (October 27).
INSIDE THE MATCH
- Northwood got the doubles point with a pair of quick wins, dropping just three games in two sets in taking the No. 1 and No. 2 matches.
- Singles was much more competitive, with the Huskies winning at the No. 1 and No. 6 positions in straight sets.
- Northwood also picked up straight-set wins at the No. 3 and No. 4 slot
- Senior Carol Arnez-Mercado won the lone three-set match of the day at the No. 2 position to close out the victory
- The Timberwolves take on fourth-seeded Wayne State in the championship match Sunday morning (October 28) at 8:15 a.m. WSU defeated top-seeded Grand Valley State 4-0 in the semifinals. Northwood defeated Wayne State 4-3 in the regular season.