OVERVIEW – MICHIGAN TECH (GLIAC TOURNAMENT THIRD PLACE MATCH)
SCORE: Michigan Tech Huskies 4, Northwood Timberwolves 0
RECORDS: Northwood (5-7), Michigan Tech (9-3)
LOCATION: Midland, Mich. – Greater Midland Tennis Center.
RECAP: Fifth-seeded Northwood falls to No. 3 Michigan Tech 4-0 in the GLIAC Tournament Third Place match Sunday morning (October 27).
INSIDE THE MATCH
- Doubles started with a pair of quick wins, one for each team. Northwood picked up a 6-1 win at the No. 1 slot, while Michigan Tech earned a 6-2 victory in the second position. The final match was much closer, eventually getting decided in a tiebreaker. The Huskies pulled out a 7-6 victory at the third slot to give MTU
- Michigan Tech took over in singles, winning three matches in straight sets to close out the win.
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- The Timberwolves will face third-seeded Michigan Tech in the third place match Sunday morning (October 27). First serve is set for 9 a.m.
- Northwood has completed the fall portion of their schedule.
1. Ivona Gorgioski (MTW) def. Kate Berestovenko (NU) 6-4, 6-0
2. Dominika Bobik (MTW) vs. Elizaveta Velichko (NU) unfinished
3. Jessica Brown (MTW) def. Ekaterina Vorobeva (NU) 6-4, 6-0
4. Lauren Opalewski (MTW) def. Vasilisa Mikhaylova (NU) 6-0, 6-3
5. Neva Manas (MTW) vs. Iryna Trystan (NU) unfinished
6. Mirna Golac (MTW) vs. Paula John (NU) unfinished