OVERVIEW: Western Kentucky Meet
EVENT: Western Kentucky Meet
LOCATION: Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green, Kentucky
RECAP: The Northwood track and field teams compete at Western Kentucky University over the weekend. Madison Arnouts sets a school record in Women's 100m Hurdles.
INSIDE THE EVENT
- The Northwood track and field teams looked to continue the strong momentum of the early outdoor season as the squad made yet another long trip south. After making the hike to Raleigh, North Carolina for the Raleigh Relays last weekend, the Timberwolves followed that trip up by venturing all the way to Bowling Green, Kentucky for a meet at Western Kentucky University.
- The protracted voyage south fueled a record breaking performance for Northwood's Madison Arnouts as the junior from Grand Ledge, Mich. eradicated the school record in the women's 100 Meter Hurdles event with a jaw-dropping time of 15.50. The record was previously held by Molly Hurd all the way back in 1986.
- Tyler Jensen also stitched his name atop the Northwood record books yet again, this time in the 3,000 meter race with an improbable time of 8:42.33 passing Sam Watson who has held the record since 2010.
- Senior Drew Findlay turned in a solid time in the women's 400 meter run with the seventh best mark in school history at 50.56.
- In the women's 800 meter run, senior Jennifer McKenna remains in the number three spot of the all-time Northwood performances, but she did improve her time to 2:16:37.
- Dana Turner leaped her way up the record books to number two all-time in Northwood history with her jump of 5.53 meters.
- Paul Evans continues to exhibit his strength and versatility with yet another impressive performance, this one in the hammer throw with a toss of 57.99m, placing him second in school history.
- In the men's shot put, Alex McIntosh hurled it 15.29 meters to capture Northwood's third best mark of all-time..
- Speaking of throwing heavy objects absurd distances, Ben Quella improved his fourth best mark in school history in the javelin throw with a chuck of 49.96 meters.
- Caleb Barker captured the tenth best time in school history in the 3,000m steeplechase.
- Colby Brundige ran thenumber five time in school history in the 100m with a time of 10.81 and the eighth best time in school history in the 200m (21.92).
Coach Michael Roberts:
"The athletes have been training very hard and are seeing the gains from their efforts week by week. Despite a few delays and some distractions, the athletes have remained focused and competed well this weekend."
The Timberwolves continue the outdoor season in Allendale, Michigan, at the Al Owens Meet in two weeks on Friday and Saturday (April 21 & 22).