OVERVIEW – GVSU BIG MEET/FINDLAY ALUMNI CLASSIC
LOCATION: Allendale, Mich. – Grand Valley State University/Findlay, Ohio – University of Findlay
RECAP: Northwood track & field teams compete at a pair of events, taking part in the GVSU Big Meet and the Findlay Alumni Classic Friday-Saturday (February 14-15).
GVSU BIG MEET – MEN
- Mason Phillips placed second in the 60 in a field featuring competitors from all NCAA Divisions. His time in the finals of 6.76 was good for second overall and is an NCAA provisional qualifier.
- Northwood had three individuals earn a spot in the top-10 in school history in the mile, highlighted by two student-athletes each besting the old school record. Trestin Mancillas-Finnerty now owns the NU record in the event at 4:13.18, with Chase Clark now standing second at 4:13.80. Mike Allen moved to eighth with a time of 4:17.29.
- Josiah Morse continued his strong indoor season in the 800, earning another personal-best time of 1:51.05. That time is an NCAA provisional qualifier and is good for ninth in all of Division II this season.
- Netunji Paige also earned an a provisional mark in the 800 with a time of 1:52.90.
- NU had a pair of big personal-bests in the 5K thanks to Zane Aldrich (14:40) and Eric Poth (15:04). Those times are good for third and seventh in school history, respectively.
- Hunter Berecz earned a personal-best in the shot put with a toss of 16.24 meters, which was an NCAA provisional mark and good for sixth in the invitational flight.
- The Timberwolves earned another provisional time in the distance medley relay, where the team of Paige, Phillips, Morse and Mancillas-Finnerty clocked a 9:59.90.
- Northwood's 4X400 team of Andrew Davis, Christopher Bent, Dallas Cleary and Phillips clocked a 3:17.33 to place eighth out of 17 teams.
GVSU BIG MEET – WOMEN
- Lainey Veenkant moved to fifth in school history in the 5,000 with a time of 18:01.52.
- Katherine Wozniak clocked a 1:13 personal-best in the 5,000 with a time of 18:52, which places her ninth in school history.
- Jessica Kursinsky finished sixth in the invitational shot put with a toss of 13.65.
FINDLAY ALUMNI CLASSIC – MEN
- Zechariah Stickler moved into fifth place in school history in the shot put thanks to a toss of 16.00 meters.
FINDLAY ALUMNI CLASSIC – WOMEN
- Taky Ezell earned a fourth place finish in the weight throw with a toss of 16.53 meters, which is good for fourth in school history.
- The track and field teams will compete at the SVSU Tune-Up February 21.