OVERVIEW – LAKE SUPERIOR STATE
SCORE: Lake Superior State 0, Northwood 3, (25-18. 25-15, 25-14)
RECORDS: Northwood (13-7, 4-7 GLIAC), Lake Superior State (3-20, 1-11 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Riepma Arena – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood sweeps Lake Superior State 3-0 Friday night (October 28).
INSIDE THE MATCH
- The first set saw Northwood jump on the Lakers netting nine of the first 13 points. However, the visitors did not go quietly, however, cutting the lead to 10-9 at one point. The Timberwolves took control after that rush, however, scoring 10 of the next 12 en route to a first set victory.
- The second set was the most tightly contested of the three tonight. Lake State took three leads, including their second after they turned a 10-6 deficit into a one-point lead with seven of the next nine points. The game would tie four times and have five lead changes before the Timberwolves took control late. With the score tied 14-14, Northwood registered 11 of the final 12 points to take the set 25-15.
- Much like the majority of the game, the Lakers fought their way to a tie early at 4-4 before the home team took control of the game scoring 13 of the next 18 points to open up their lead at 17-9 before pulling away in the end to earn a sweep.
- HITTING: Lake Superior State .023 (21-19-87), Northwood .309 (42-12-97)
- DIGS: Lake Superior State 37, Northwood 40 (Brenna Murphy– 12)
- BLOCKS: Northwood 6 (Colleen Mayer, 3) Lake Superior State 9
- ACES: Lake Superior State 3, Northwood 4
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Allison Getty: 14 kills, seven digs, three aces
- Colleen Mayer: eight kills
- Meredith Collins: 5 kills, 11 digs
- Brenna Murphy: 12 digs
- Northwood has now swept Lake Superior State for the 11th straight time dating back to 2009.
- With 14 more kills today, Getty has 284 overall and now places fourth in the GLIAC in terms of kills per set (3.59).
- Northwood will host rival Saginaw Valley State on Alumni Day Saturday (Oct. 29) in the second-to-last home game of the year. Game time is set for 5 p.m.