OVERVIEW – NORTHERN MICHIGAN
SCORES: Northern Michigan Wildcats 3, Northwood Timberwolves 0 (25-14, 25-20, 26-24)
RECORDS: Northwood (14-13, 6-10 GLIAC), Northern Michigan (20-7, 12-4 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Vandament Arena – Marquette, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood's 2017 season comes to an end with a 3-0 loss at Northern Michigan Saturday (November 11).
INSIDE THE MATCH
- NMU scored seven of the first 10 points of the match and would not look back while controlling the opening set. After that opening run, Northwood got no closer than four points as the Wildcats posted a 25-14 win. The Wildcats hit an impressive .480 (15-3-25) while holding Northwood to a .000 mark (8-8-32).
- It appeared the Wildcats were going to run away from the Timberwolves in the second set, scoring the first nine points to open play. But Northwood made a big run of their own, scoring 11 of the next 15 points to cut the margin down to 13-11. A late push by the Wildcats gave them control again, going up 24-17 on their way to a 25-20 win. NU's offense continued to struggle in the second set, finishing at -.057 (10-12-35). Northern Michigan hit .121 (10-6-33) in the frame.
- The third set proved to be the closest of the match – it was not until a late push by NMU that a team led by five points. The Wildcats were up 22-17 when Northwood came storming back, scoring seven of the next nine points to level things at 24-24. Northern Michigan made the final push to close things out, however, taking the final two points to win 26-24.
- HITTING: Northwood: .018 (30-28-110), Northern Michigan: .200 (38-17-105)
- DIGS: Northwood 45 (Allison Getty – 13), Northern Michigan 46
- BLOCKS: Northwood 3.0 (Three players – 1), Northern Michigan 9.0
- ACES: Northwood 3 (Three Players – 1), Northern Michigan 1
TOP NU PERFORMERS