OVERVIEW – MICHIGAN TECH
SCORE: Michigan Tech Huskies 3, Northwood Timberwolves 0 (25-9, 25-17, 25-10)
RECORDS: Northwood (5-7, 2-2 GLIAC), Michigan Tech (10-2, 4-0 GLIAC)
LOCATION: SDC Gymnasium – Houghton, Mich.
RECAP: Michigan Tech rides a strong offensive attack to a 3-0 win over Northwood Friday (September 14).
INSIDE THE MATCH
- The Huskies came out fast and did not let up in the opening set. MTU scored 10 of the first 11 points and led by as many as 16 on their way to a 25-9 win. Michigan Tech hit a blistering .654 in the set (18-1-26), while Northwood ended up at .040 (6-5-25).
- Northwood was more competitive early in the second set, as the Huskies lead stood at 14-13. But MTU got hot at that point, registering 11 of the final 15 points to earn the set 25-17. While Michigan Tech's offense slowed a little in the second, they still finished with a strong .300 mark overall (16-4-40). Northwood ended the second at .067 (7-5-30).
- Michigan Tech continued to roll offensively in the third set. The Huskies led 7-5 when they took over, earning the next six points to open up a 13-5 lead. MTU then rattled off the final six points to win 25-10. Michigan Tech had another big hitting number in the third, ending at .593 (17-1-27) while holding Northwood to a mark of .042 (4-3-24).
- HITTING: Michigan Tech .484 (51-6-93), Northwood .051 (17-13-79)
- DIGS: Michigan Tech 46, Northwood 70 (Venera Kadriu – eight)
- BLOCKS: Michigan Tech 0, Northwood 3 (Kadriu – three)
- ACES: Michigan Tech 9, Northwood 4 (Kadriu – two)
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Mary Gallagher: Five kills, .364 attack percentage (5-1-11)
- MacKenzie Kepler : Five kills
- Macy Lintz: 16 assists
• Northwood will travel to Northern Michigan Saturday (September 15). Match time is set for 4:30 p.m.