OVERVIEW – MISSOURI-ST. LOUIS
SCORE: Missouri-St. Louis Tritons 3, Northwood Timberwolves 0 (25-13, 25-15, 25-22)
RECORDS: UMSL (8-13), Northwood (6-14)
LOCATION: The Academy Volleyball Club – Indianapolis, Ind.
RECAP: Northwood drops 3-0 match to UMSL to open play at the Midwest Region Crossover Friday afternoon (October 12).
INSIDE THE MATCH
- Northwood led the opening set 6-4 before the Tritons got rolling. UMSL put up five straight points to go up 9-6. The Tritons went on a 12-3 run to finish the set to win 25-13. UMSL hit a blistering .750 in the set (15-0-20) while Northwood finished at .118 (11-7-34).
- The Tritons kept the momentum going early in the second set, scoring seven of the first nine and 16 of the first 21 points overall. UMSL ended up taking the set 25-15. NU struggled offensively in the second, hitting .-.028 (7-8-36) compared to the Tritons at .250 (14-5-36).
- The third set was close throughout, but it appeared the Timberwolves were going to get on the board until a late UMSL push. Northwood scored four of five points to go up 22-20 before the Tritons scored the final five points to close things out 25-22. UMSL out-hit Northwood for the third straight set, with the Tritons finishing at .235 (11-3-34) and NU ending up at .146 (14-8-41).
- HITTING: UMSL .356 (40-8-90), Northwood .081 (32-23-111)
- DIGS: UMSL 48, Northwood 33 (MacKenzie Kepler – seven)
- BLOCKS: UMSL 5, Northwood 2 (Three players – one)
- ACES: UMSL 3, Northwood 3 (Three players – one)
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Northwood will play a pair of matches at the Crossover tomorrow, taking on Maryville (10 a.m.) and Lake Erie (4 p.m.).