OVERVIEW – ALMA
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 3, Alma Scots 0 (25-19, 25-19, 25-14)
RECORDS: Alma (18-6), Northwood (9-15)
LOCATION: Riepma Arena – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood picks up 3-0 sweep over Alma in a non-conference matchup Wednesday night (October 24).
INSIDE THE MATCH
- The first set was tight the majority of the way, with the Timberwolves leading 17-16 late. NU was the better team the rest of the way, scoring eight of the final 11 points to close out the set 25-19. Both offenses were efficient in the first set, with Northwood hitting .275 while scoring 21 of their 25 points on kills (21-7-51). Alma's first attack error in the set came on the final point, finishing with a .233 mark (11-1-43).
- In the second set, the flow of play was nearly identical to the opener. The score was tied 16-16 in the final stages of the set when Northwood went on a run. The Timberwolves scored nine of the final 12 points this time to win the set by a matching score of 25-19. The offenses slowed down it the second, as Northwood hit .132 (12-7-38) compared to the Scots at .033 (7-6-30).
- Alma led 10-9 in the third set when the Timberwolves took over. NU scored four straight points to go up 13-10. With the Northwood lead standing at 16-13, the Timberwolves scored eight straight and nine of the final 10 to win 25-14 to complete the sweep. Northwood ended the third hitting .208 (8-3-24) while holding the Scots to a -.034 mark (8-9-29).
- HITTING: Alma .098 (26-16-102), Northwood .212 (41-17-113)
- DIGS: Alma 50, Northwood 52 (Grace Rekeweg – 11)
- BLOCKS: Alma 1, Northwood 4 (Rekeweg/Al'Lesha Roberts – 2)
- ACES: Alma 1, Northwood 7 (Rekeweg/Macy Lintz – 2)
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Rekeweg: 11 kills, 11 digs, two aces, two blocks
- Venera Kadriu: 10 kills, seven digs
- MacKenzie Kepler: 10 kills, 10 digs
- Lintz: 36 assists, two aces, eight digs
- Northwood will travel to Lake Superior State Friday night (October 26). Match time is set for 6:30 p.m.